Saturday, September 2, 2023

Val Gets PENNY and DIMED This Week in Backroads

A double and a tenfold week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, over last week's limited success.

SATURDAY, August 26, I nabbed my favorite parking space at Orb K. When I opened my door, I was thrilled to find a reward waiting for me.


See it there, between the R and the Y in the lettering on that manhole cover?


It was a heads-up 1991 penny. I just love this picture. The way that penny fits in the grooves, and the splash of color. I'd make a jigsaw puzzle or a wall hanging of it if I wasn't so lazy. Is that weird? It makes more sense to me than some of that abstract "art" that I consider unworthy of the title. Judgy McJudgerson here. Art critic and penny aficionado!
________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, August 29, I found a little buddy at my feet in the Backroads Casey's. I didn't get a picture in the wild. It would just have been a vast expanse of tile, with no interesting feet or legs in the background. I scooped it up before anyone could beat me to it.


There he is, posed on T-Hoe's console. A 2006 dime, which was found heads-up in the store. Not sure what he's been soiled with to get that rusty look around his edges.
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 11 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 75.
Dime             # 14.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I do like the placement of that penny. Did you know there is an online place where you can send that picture and they send it to you as a jigsaw? I don't know where, but "no-one" had a jigsaw made of a photo I'd liked . Not for free of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an idea. Even though I'd have to clean off my table for space to work the puzzle!

      Delete
  2. I like the photo of the penny, too! Great minds? It would make a nice picture one a wall! I would transfer the image to a canvas and paint it. Then add a medium to the paint to highlight the dips in the pavement and use a shiney copper paint for the penny. If I had a wall on which to display it ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd treat that penny like a million bucks! I have the wall space, but not the ambition (nor talent).

      Delete