Saturday, September 30, 2023

No Need For COINseling, Val's Fortune Opportunities Have Resumed

Back in action! Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune continues to fatten.

SATURDAY, September 23, I was leaving Orb K when my eye was drawn to the floor.


It was a penny near the cardboard display they've set up near the rolling rack in the background, to funnel people into the maze to the checkout.


It was a face-down 1988 penny that I gladly pocketed for my future fortune.
_______________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, September 28, I was even luckier when exiting the Sis-Town Casey's.


It's a dime, by cracky, waiting for me outside the door. Didn't even need to ample-rumpus any innocent bystanders! 


It was a heads-up 2022 dime, posed so photogenically. Welcome to my fortune!
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 11 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 78.
Dime             # 16.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4.

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

8 comments:

  1. That cardboard display is very colourful, I would have missed the penny from staring at that instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose their marketing ploy is working. Getting people to look at the display is the first step in getting them to buy something from it.

      Delete
  2. You are focused on coins! Red and yellow are thw two most popular colors for advertising. Also why school buses and taxis are yellow. It is the first color you notice in a car lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know about those colors. I've had two yellow cars, and a red car! Those advertisers must know what they're doing.

      Delete
    2. Safety equipment is also yellow and now in neon. Bet you will look when you pass a parking lot now to see which color jumps out!

      Delete
    3. I will notice the displays in the store!

      Delete