Tuesday, September 12, 2023

More Freebies For The Hickster

Hick sent me a text at 10:26 on Monday.

"You like plums they have free ones here"

"Yeah." 

"I got you some ill bring them home"

Didn't bother to say WHERE or WHO the plums were coming from. But what's the worst that could happen? If I didn't like the looks of the plums, I could chuck them off the back porch. I'm sure we have wildlife that would find them delicious.

Hick arrived home around 2:00, with a plastic bag of plums. 


Don't you worry about Hick, the plum disliker. He had a treat for his own self. GRAPES!


Hick said the Senior Center was giving them out. And that the people there were eating the plums like they were good. I suppose the grapes were something they saved especially for their "pet." I spied a couple of smooshed ones at the bottom, and picked them out. So one bad grape can't spoil the whole bunch.

One of these days, Hick's going to bring home a 7-course gourmet meal. Maybe just not all the courses in the same day...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Those plums look really good. I haven't had a plum in a very long time. Thank goodness Hick thought of you even though he doesn't like plums:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're DELICIOUS! Sometimes the skin is too tart, but these are just right! I've already eaten three of them. Hick said they were encouraging him to take more, but he didn't. I think he brought just the right amount for me to eat before they go bad.

      Delete
  2. Those are good looking plums. We have grapes in the supermarkets now but it is early in the season so the price is still high. I'll wait a couple of months and get them cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember ever having plums as tasty as these! Haven't tried Hick's grapes, so I don't know if they're good. He had some last night, no complaints. Too bad you don't have people giving you freebies like Hick does!

      Delete
  3. I love plums! Grapes, too. If you guys wait long enough, you will have prunes and raisins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we don't wait THAT long! I like red grapes that I get at Save A Lot. The green grapes are okay, but I'd rather have the plums. Don't want to get any extra healthy foods, you know. My body might rebel!

      Delete