Friday, December 1, 2023

The Bingo "Price" Once Again Evades Hick

Hick played bingo again Wednesday night. I swear, he reminds me of Charlie Brown kicking the football held by Lucy. Every week he shows up, ready to win that grand price! Only to have his hopes dashed at the last minute. At least he gets to enjoy some good food while pursuing his folly.


"Buffalo pizza pretty good"

"Looks really good, if not too spicy."

"Pizza was really good and not spicy"

The pizza was topped with buffalo chicken, not actual buffalo, heh, heh! In case anybody has been shacking up under a rock with the GEICO caveman for 15 years, that's white meat chicken coated in hot sauce. Anyhoo... there was also cheese, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.

"The price is a fire pit but it's in box so no picture sorry"

As usual, that's Hick's own grammar and punctuation. When he got home, I asked if he won. As if he wouldn't have barged through the door declaring that loudly if he had!

"No. I was one letter off! I only needed ONE, and then a lady yelled BINGO!"

Oh, well. We don't really need a fire pit. We have 20 contiguous acres. Plus another 10 up the road. I'm sure Hick can find a place to build a fire. He's already got his burn pile area over by the BARn. 

To win the grand "price," you have to get an X on your bingo card. I'm sure Hick will continue to try. Don't cost nothin'. Except $11 for a pizza, and something for an accompanying beverage. Then again, Hick could play without food and drink for free. I don't see that happening. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought Hick had to pay to play Bingo. What a deal, free Bingo along with a great excuse to go out and eat:) Can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that establishment makes up the lack of an entry fee by selling food and drink! People think they're getting a bargain by playing for free.

      Delete
  2. I watched an old episode of I Love Lucy a few days ago. It was the one where Lucy wouldn't leave the house so she could be near the phone in case she won the grand prize from some kind of home show that she and Ethel attended. I noticed that Ricky pronounced prize as "price" so Hick is in good company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as long as I don't have to say, "Oh, Hicky!" when he catches me in a scheme!

      I haven't seen that episode. I always remember the long loaf of bread coming out of the oven, though. And the salami baby on the plane.

      Delete
    2. I'd have to be under the influence of Vitameatavegamin to say something like that!

      Delete
  3. Play without food, are you insane? That came from HeWho loves to eat out and the food doesn't have to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranch dressing on a pizza? Now I've seen everything!
    My son-in-law has a fire pit, it started life as a circle of rocks on a large circle of hard packed dirt, but it has evolved quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ranch dressing is mainly a condiment people use to cut the heat in Buffalo wings, so I guess it goes well on this pizza. Some people actually dip their regular pizza in ranch dressing. I don't see the appeal.

      Hick's burn pile over by the BARn is on hard-packed dirt. We sometimes used to make a little fire there and roast marshmallows or hot dogs, while sitting on upended logs. No rocks around it for an official fire pit, though.

      Delete