Saturday, December 9, 2023

Good COINS Come in Threes

There was no time wasted in starting the week's Future Pennyillionaire collection! Any coin is a good coin!

On SUNDAY, December 3, I stopped at the Liquor Store for scratchers. As usual, they were doing a booming business. Not sure if it's all alcohol. When I'm inside, I notice they sell a lot of vapes, and a good share of fountain sodas. 

As I turned onto the parking lot, rassen'-frassen about the car that darted in from the other entrance, taking my intended parking spot, I squinted into the sun and slid into a lesser parking space. Good thing! If I'd parked in my favorite, I would have missed this:


I had wanted to park in the space directly in front of his one, and would not have seen the penny glowing there behind me.



It was a face-down 2018 penny, posed so prettily in the shade.
____________________________________________________________

MONDAY, December 4, I was waiting for the clerk to tear off my scratchers when I spied a sight for sore eyes:


Way over by the wall, under the scratcher display! I told the clerk as I took my tickets from her at the center register, "I see a lucky penny I'm going to get. So no need to think I'm doing anything weird!" Just so she didn't panic at the thought of me being a Secret Shopper. I laid my scratchers on the counter by the closed register, and got my pictures.


It was a heads-up 2022 penny, which refused to take a good photo. This is actually the better of the two that I snapped. My phone camera is quite recalcitrant at times.
________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, December 5, I was back at the Liquor Store to refuel my habit! I knew they had the $5 crossword scratchers, because of the number on my tickets I got Sunday. Sometimes stores run out of my crossword, so I try to remember where the numbers were low on the roll. Turns out I didn't win anything on them later, but when I stepped out of T-Hoe, there was another kind of reward:


I'm talking about the penny, not the cigarette butts! There's the Gas Station Chicken Store across the street.


This poor Abe had a bad case of pavement rash on his face. I guess he was run over and flipped to land this way, heads-up. At home, with the right lighting and my tiny plastic magnifying glass, I determined that he was from 1992.
________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 85, 86, 87.
Dime             still at 18
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6

6 comments:

  1. Well, the pennies have returned:) It makes me wonder how many cars and trucks have run over some of those beat up pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those poor pennies need a warm pocket for a ride to a forever home!

      Delete
  2. You have had quite a few roughly treated Abe's lately, poor guy.

    ReplyDelete