Friday, December 15, 2023

Hick, the Helpful Helpster

Hick won ANOTHER afghan at bingo on Wednesday! 

"I felt bad for winning again. So I told the caller to just give it away on the next number. I hit on O-63, and I said to call O-64, and give it to whoever had that number. It took forever to explain what I was trying to do. And then the lady that got it didn't understand why. She kept asking, 'WHO gave this to me?' And the same thing with the set of dish towels I also won, and gave away. They didn't know why they were getting them."

"Which is exactly how you are WINNING SO MUCH playing against these elderlies!"

"Oh, and they had piles and piles of gifts that have been donated. I'm going to help deliver them. When I seen all them packages, I knew it would be hard for the people who deliver the Meals on Wheels to carry the packages along with the meals. So me and One Guy are going to take the presents."

"That takes all the glory away from the people who deliver meals all year, and might want to see how happy the people are to get the gifts."

"We're just doing it to help."

"You should wear your SANTA outfit!"

"I'm not the one delivering the packages."

"You just said you were!"

"I'm going to DRIVE. One Guy is going to take the packages to the door, because I don't know where I'm going."

"How's THAT going to work? If you don't know where to go."

"It's in School-Town! The lady running it was getting all confused, trying to tell me. She said, 'It's really hard to find your way around there. I can tell you how I go.' And I said, 'I grew up there! I know where everything is! So it's not a problem for me.' She's going to write down the addresses, and I won't have no trouble."

Hick says he will have to lay the seats down in A-Cad, to fit in all the packages. I still think it would be more fun for the people if he wore his Santa suit, even while driving.

6 comments:

  1. I do agree about the Santa suit. Plus, he could follow the person giving meals so the meal deliverer could see the happiness of the recipients. I wonder if the people are not able to keep up with the game so that he wins. It is all funny though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I think Hick wins so often! A good suggestion about the gifts, but Hick would probably eating his own lunch at the time of delivery, and wouldn't think of that. Also, I believe there is more than one delivery person, because they go to different towns in the area.

      Delete
  2. I think you are right Val. There are several meal deliverers who deliver the meals to the different homes at the same time. I think the people getting the gifts would love to see Santa Hick at their doors. I hope Hick wears his Santa outfit and accompanies the other person who is carrying the gifts to the homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick upgraded his Santa suit a few years back, and got new boots this year. You'd think he would jump at the chance to use it an extra time! He could even carry a little flip notebook, and tell the gift-getters: "I see you're on the NICE list!"

      Delete
  3. I think he should wear the Santa suit too (one of the twins can say Santa now) and maybe hang some sleigh bells off his door handles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might say Santa, but she would probably be fearful of Hick! All of our kids and cousins were.

      A-Cad's door handles are the flip-up kind. No way to attach sleigh bells, which might also skin up the paint. I suppose Hick could hang them from the inside mirror, or wear a strand around his neck.

      Delete