Wednesday, December 6, 2023

I Can't Help It! Really!

This has been a truly terrific, unbelievable week for Val's scratcher habit! I cannot stop myself from winning. Every day, I assume it will be the start of a losing streak. I'm overdue. But no. Those $10 Christmas tickets won't stop paying me!


I knew it would be good when I kept uncovering the box symbol that means DOUBLE the prize. I've only gotten one box per ticket until now. That's 10 boxes, each with a $10 prize, which means, doubled, that I have 10 x $20, for a $200 WINNER!

Here's what it looks like up close:


Since last Tuesday, through this Tuesday, I've had five winners on that kind of ticket. The $500, then $100, $100, $100, and now this $200. All from different stores. You'd think I'd run out of places to win on them! But I still have the Liquor Store, the left machine at 10Box, the machine at Save A Lot, and the Sis-Town Casey's. Not gonna lie... I'll be buying one at those places in the future!

Here's another little game I play with my tickets. When I lay one down on my kitchen table for scratching, I first look at the bottom, where the symbols are. I try to guess which symbol will be on my ticket, IF there is going to be a symbol. I don't have any feelings about whether or not I WILL reveal a symbol, but I pick which one it will be IF there is one to be uncovered. Sometimes a symbol stands out, looks bigger than the others, or more in-focus. 

I am right over 50% of the time! Statistically, I should only be right 25% of the time, if there are 4 symbols. Or 33% of the time, if there are 3 symbols. It's like I have ESPN or something, as that one gal said in Mean Girls. And on this winner above, I had picked the box symbol. I guess that wasn't so odd, since there were so many of them clamoring under the ticket coating, waiting to be scratched!

Anyhoo... I am waiting for my losing streak. It's probably going to be a doozy!

14 comments:

  1. I think you have been stevening my even as we never win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel guilty about using more than my fair share of luck! It does not bode well for my upcoming EVEN-ing! No streak ever lasts.

      Delete
  2. Don't feel guilty, just enjoy your winning streak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No good can come of me hogging all the luck! I've had such a good run that I can weather a losing streak when it hits.

      Delete
  3. So, you have a sports network in your head? Great job winning so much. You need to give me lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what SHE said, heh, heh! That kooky gal in "Mean Girls" who wanted to be a weather girl on TV. If I knew how my "talent" worked, I would package it and sell it! But I'd give you a discount.

      Delete
    2. I have never seen "Mean Girls." I figured if you typed that, it was just your fingers getting ahead of you. Sometimes, I end everything with an 'e' like Chaucer.

      Delete
    3. I figured some people might think it was a typo, which is why I referenced "Mean Girls" in the original post. That movie makes me laugh every time. Not sure Hick has ever seen it. He would say it's stupid. Then again, Hick was born without a funny bone.

      Delete
  4. What can I say Val? You are on a roll for sure. Enjoy it for as long as it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have certainly been enjoying this streak. It seems to be slowing. My highest win today was $25 on a $5 crossword ticket. And I won $20 on a $10 ticket.

      Delete
  5. An article just for you https://www.cnn.com/wbd/how-to-get-rid-of-ladybugs-in-the-house/index.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! My mom used her DustBuster to vacuum them up and let them go outside. Where they probably just came back in!

      As for now, I have the opposite problem, since I can't seem to set sights on any ladybug, anywhere. Which is NOT a call for other people to bring their vacuum bags and canisters full, to set free on my property!

      Delete
  6. Your losing streak is holidaying in sunny Australia. Want me to send him home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can host him for a while, but he'll have to sleep in one of Hick's themed sheds over on Shackytown Boulevard. No heat, but he can let Jack and Scarlett in to cuddle for warmth.

      Delete