Saturday, July 29, 2023

Val Acquires Some Common CENTS

Val experienced limited success this week on her Future Pennyillionaire Fortune quest.

WEDNESDAY, July 26, I rounded the corner of the Gas Station Chicken Store and was greeted by a Lincoln-in-waiting.


Of course I stopped to capture the moment.


It was a face-down 1974 penny that subjected those across the moat in the parking lot of Hick's pharmacy to an ample-rumpusing from Val. But WAIT! As I pocketed that aging Lincoln, and stepped closer to the door, I saw a spread meant just for me!


No, not the suitcase of beer in that guy's hand. The two pennies in my path!


The closest was a face-down 2021 penny, shiny in the overcast light under the roof.


The second was a face-down 2010 version, a bit more bedraggled.
________________________________________________________________

On Friday, I found a dime on the carpet where the kitchen gives way to the living room. I picked it up, but didn't count it, because it was right after Hick came home. I figure it fell out of his pocket. So it's not really a true find and capture.
________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 64, 65, 66.
Dime             still at 13
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________  

6 comments:

  1. I like to find money that appears to have been dribbled in my path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Competition! I think our distance apart ensures that there are plentiful pennies for the both of us.

      Delete
  2. So you followed the copper trail this week :) i had a find of my own this week, I thought I saw a five cent piece on the floor near the checkput so I kicked it along a bit to where I could bend over without bumping anyone and it was a $2 coin! Lucky me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is very lucky. We don't have a $2 coin. Props to you for moving it to a harvesting position where you didn't have to "rumpus" anybody.

      Delete
  3. I don't rumpus usually, I'll squat to reach anything on the floor most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. And a way to tell me you have functioning knees without telling me you have functioning knees!

      Delete