Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Cooler Heads Wish to Prevail

Hick got a phone call as I was getting his supper ready.

"Everybody's SO worried about me getting air conditioning in my Storage Unit!"

"Wait! You have air conditioning? I thought the other sellers were just mad you had electricity! Even though you got permission same as they could have, and called the electric company, and paid for everything yourself."

"It's not the other people. And I DON'T have air conditioning. Yet. It's my buddies. That was Old Buddy on the phone. He said Walmart has one of those air conditioners that blows the hot air outside, for $298. Marked down from $398."

"Are you thinking about getting air conditioning?"

"I might. Them guys keep telling me I should, as much time as I spend down there."

"What would you do, set it by your door to blow the hot air out?"

"No. I'd put it under the window, and blow the hot air out the window."

"Why do those guys care so much? Do they hang out in your Unit?"

"Yeah."

Heh, heh! It's not like they were overly-concerned about Hick's health! 

2 comments:

  1. Aha! the motive becomes clear. THEY want to be cool and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered why they were helicopter-buddying Hick! Now I know they were more concerned about themselves.

      Delete