Friday, July 7, 2023

Hick Wins Again

Hick is still winning at bingo at the Senior Center. I found out a little more about it. According to Hick, 

"All you gotta do to win is pay attention to the caller! It's easy if you're keeping up."

Heh, heh! Let's remember that Hick is competing mostly with the seniors who eat there every day, and are living upstairs in the renovated rooms of this old hotel on Main Street. They might not be the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to memory.

"Do they resent you for winning so much?"

"No. Not at all. But my friend there said, 'They might start to think I'm rigging it for you!'"

"Well... if she said THAT, then maybe she IS. Do you have a special place to sit? Why is that rug rolled up there where people could trip on it?"

"I do sit at a table with them. They just didn't unroll that rug. The other people don't come over there, so they won't trip on it."

"I KNEW it! You get special treatment!"

"I'm their FRIEND."

"You're their PET! The others probably complain behind your back."

"No. They LIKE me. They really liked me when I had my back surgery. But now they still like me."

Heh, heh! I guess maybe they thought they could wrestle one of those prizes away from him! Hick says that once you win a game at regular one-line bingo, you can't play again until the coverall bingo at the end. So you CAN win two prizes in one day. 

Here is Hick's prize from Wednesday:


It's Rice Krispy Treats! They are delicious! Hick is good at sharing his food prizes. I could do without those little crunchy stars, but still, it beats two rolls of toilet paper!

Hick was upset because a lady won the prize he wanted: sugar cookies.

12 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had Rice Krispies, but I recognised them right away. I'll have to look up a recipe so I can make some for the twins second birthday next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom used to make them. I think it's pretty simple, but messy. Just melted marshmallows and Rice Krispies, spread out in a pan to cool. My kids loved them. I sent the individually wrapped version in The Pony's lunch.

      Delete
  2. Good for Hick on winning the rice krispie bars. They are good and they are really good when you aren't the person having to make them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I would never make them, but if somebody sets a box of FREE treats on the cutting block, I will most certainly partake!

      Delete
  3. Dang. Two rolls of TP? Hick made out better. Haven't made this for years. I overate some once, and it took the magic away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jaws would lock up before I could overeat Rice Krispies Treats!

      Delete
  4. I love them, but I like to make my own. You melt a bag of marshmallows with 1/4 cup of butter (half a stick). You need the butter to make them bind together. I do mine in the microwave in 30 second increments. I use butter to grase the 9 X 12 pan. Add 6 cups of rice krispies to the melted concoction, then butter your hands and spread them out in the pan, pushing them down firmly. I always think recipes are just suggestions. I have added 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the melted stuff and then after the bars are set up in the pan I melt some semi-sweet choclate chips and spread it on top. And no hot oven is involved! But free is always better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I think that's how my mom used to make them, with peanut butter, and chocolate on top. They were all the rage for parties. The kids would tell my boys to make sure to bring Grandma's Rice Krispies Treats. I didn't like that version, so I didn't try to sneak any of them.

      Delete
  5. They're called Rice Bubbles here and I think I would add choc chips for the girls birthday ones and then drizzle melted chocolate across the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy above left you a recipe! I'm sure the chocolate addition would be a hit.

      Delete