Saturday, July 1, 2023

A COINy Repeat For Val

Such a good week! Technically, a good DAY...

MONDAY, June 26, I came out of the Gas Station Chicken Store clutching my scratchers (which contained a $50 winner on a $5 crossword!), and saw a fortune strewn before me:


It was two dimes and a penny! I had to grasp my scratchers in my teeth to use both hands on my phone for a photo op. The wind that was whipping through my lovely lady-mullet caught The Pony's Cash For Life draw ticket, and it went spiraling behind me! It was a $2 instant winner on the Easy Match! I figured it was gone, baby, gone. But a lady pumping gas grabbed it for me. I hope karma smiles on her. You can see the parking lot of Hick's pharmacy across the moat.


The dime in the hole was a face-down 1979 version.


The others were a heads-up 2016 penny, and a 2018 face-down dime. I hope that ticket-catching lady was not negatively affected by my ample-rumpusing as I picked them up.

But wait! From there I went to the Liquor Store for more crossoword tickets (won $5), and was shocked to see a coin waiting when I stepped out of T-Hoe and closed the door.


Disregard the random feet of the dude who was walking back to his white truck that I had parked beside. He looked at me like I was up to no good! As if I was crouching beside T-Hoe to take a picture of his feet. Not-Heaven, NO! I hate feet!


It was a heads-up 1997 penny, roasting in the late-afternoon sun. Now chillin' in my goblet.
________________________________________________________________

I had hopes for more, but I'm definitely not complaining about finding four coins for the second week in a row! My Future Pennyillionaire Fortune grows plumper.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 22 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 59, 60.
Dime            # 10, 11.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha! Let the good times roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well technically you did get "more" with the two dimes, they could have been two pennies instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I could have found many more pennies, and still not equaled the value of the two dimes.

      Delete
  3. That last coin went through some stuff from the looks of it before you rescued it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Old Abe might have take a tire or two to the face!

      Delete