Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Ponygeist Housenanigans

 I got a text from The Pony at 10:37 on Sunday night:
 
"Ghost activities followed me,  apparently! Razor just fell, over in the shower."
 
"Yikes! Calm here for a while now."
 
"It was up on the flat shelf in the corner since this morning! No movement! Now I'm in the bath and it just suddenly fell!" 

"Tuesday will be Grandma's birthday. Coincidentally."

Not that I think knocking a razor off a shower shelf is a sign from my mom. That's not her style. She was never a prankster.

My dad, however...

The Pony never knew his grandpa. He was only two months old when my dad died. I wasn't working that year, and took The Pony out to their house every day. Dad definitely knew The Pony. He used to sit with his knees up in his recliner, Baby Pony laid on them, talking away. He made the most of those two months.

When The Pony was a toddler, just graduated from crib to plastic car bed, I was sometimes astounded to find him tucked in JUST RIGHT when I'd check on him through the night. Covered up to his chin, arms under the blanket, not a wrinkle. The Pony would tell stories of seeing his grandpa in his room at night, "making sure everything is okay."

Like I said, The Pony would have no memories of his grandpa, although there were pictures on the wall outside his room. 

Something to think about.

4 comments:

  1. Obviously Grandpa has to check that everything is okay, now that The Pony is living on his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. It took a while to stop hearing the footsteps and creaking bed in Genius's room. I guess since The Pony is living local, rather than off in Kansas City or Pittsburgh, he's easier to find!

      Delete
  2. That is sweet, Grampa checking on the baby he had to leave. While my Dad was so sick and dying, his constant companion was 2 year old Mason, my step-sister's grandson. He would stand next to the bed and hold Daddy's arm and sing silly songs about loving Papa. I would love to think Daddy is checking on Mason, altho I wish he would visit ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the things kids say make me wonder if they can key in on a different energy level than adults. Like some people are more sensitive to it than others. Right after Mom died, my niece and I had detailed dreams about her visiting us, but my sister did not, and was downright jealous!

      Delete