Saturday, May 14, 2022

Let's Celebrate Val's Silver COINiversary

This week was Val's silver anniversary. Not Val and Hick. Val and her current Future Pennyillionaire Fortune's third week of finding SILVER COINS!
 
Wednesday, May 11, I made an unscheduled stop at Orb K for scratchers. The plan was to get them at Casey's, but the parking situation was not conducive to T-Hoe's extra-large door having free rein to allow Val's knees to bend minimally upon egress and ingress. So Orb K it was, the last chance on the way home.
 
 
I knew right away this wasn't an ordinary penny!

 
It was a heads-up 2018 DIME! I guess I was meant to stop at Orb K instead of Casey's. 
_____________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, May 12, was errand day. I guess my old alma mater let out about 20 minutes early, perhaps it was their last day of school. Or the last day for seniors. Because the Sis-Town Casey's was packed with people, some of them a bit short in the tooth. I nabbed the last available gas pump for T-Hoe, and went in to pre-pay.

 
I was not being a creeper when I snapped this photo. That's a loose coin, by cracky! I can't speak for the looseness of the woman.

 
It was a 2005 DIME, upside-down, heads-up. Because of the Short-Toothers with no sense of personal space so close behind me, I had to turn sideways, lest I bump them with my ample rumpus as I bent over to pick it up.
 
From there I went to the bank, then the main post office to mail Genius's weekly letter, and on to Country Mart for their lottery machine.

On the way back to T-Hoe, way down at the end of the parking spaces, I barely spied a penny waiting for me!

 
There it is, on the concrete to the left of the yellow parking pole. Gotta look close at that little chameleon!

 
It was a face-down 1990 penny. Of course I stopped to pick it up! Why else was it in my path?
_____________________________________________________________________
 
That's 3 COINS, for 21 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 39.
Dime            # 7, 8.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter       still at 2.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. At this rate you'll be an "-illionaire" sooner than if you only found pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's about a month's worth of pennies in one week!

      Delete
  2. All those dimes...is that because of inflation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last I read, inflation is slightly over 10 percent. So I might need to start finding 11-cent coins!

      Delete