Saturday, May 7, 2022

Find New COINS, But Keep the Old; Two Are Silver, the Other Copper

SATURDAY, April 30, I changed my scratcher plans and stopped at the Backroads Casey's. I was meant to be there.

 
Waiting for me under the Reese's were TWO COINS! First of all, no thank you to the POTATO CHIPS version of those Reese's. Also to the PRETZEL version next to them. Such a gimmick. Don't go messing with the Reese's recipe.

 
It was a 1983 heads-up DIME, and its companion, a heads-up 1993 penny! I dragged them out from under the candy rack with the toe of my shoe, and ample-rumpused the customer behind me to pick them up and drop them in my shirt pocket.
_____________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, May 1, I pulled into the Backroads Casey's beside a three-wheeled motorcycle. I guess that's a trimotorcycle. I doubt the owner would want it called a motorized tricycle. Since the rider was sitting on it, taking the pictures of my treasure were a bit awkward.

 
I saw it the minute I opened T-Hoe's door. Excuse the shadows of that door, and my cell phone and picture-taking hand. Sometimes, you can't avoid seeing how the sausage is made...

 
This was a heads-up 1997 DIME! My penny-magnet has been drawing in the silver lately!
_____________________________________________________________________
 
That's 3 COINS this week, for 21 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_____________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 38.
Dime            # 5, 6.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter       still at 2.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
______________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Quite a haul for one week, with two dimes.

    ReplyDelete