Friday, May 13, 2022

It's Time The Pony Learned How to Cut the Mustard

Adulting is hard. Living your life with common sense is even harder.
 
Before The Pony lost his bad-milk-slurpin' mind, he made a shopping trip to Walmart. He got less than he bargained for. Thus this text:

"The  mustard I got was partly unsealed. The foil thing on top was off center so it leaked some. Hopefully still good!"
 
You can join me in analyzing the photo he sent:
 
 
I can see that the foil top is off-center. I'm hoping that tab got caught when the lid was unscrewed, and was not lifted by some ne'er-do-well to inject something nefarious. I would have discarded that jar of mustard, just to be safe. Then again, I'M an adult.
 
"Just a mistake, not tampered?"
 
"Yeah." 

"Okay I guess. Probably safer than a dog bite."

"The bandaid stayed on through a bath AND a shower! The bite looks fine. Not red."
 
Well. There's that... 

8 comments:

  1. They never listen to us old fogeys. i would have pitched it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lived to be old fogeys because we have not eaten possibly-contaminated mustard!

      Delete
  2. When in doubt throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Hick can find that advice on a rug, or a framed square of cross-stitch at the auction.

      Delete
  3. That mustard looks to me like someone tried to unseal it to check for who-knows-what. I wouldn't be using it. I hardly ever use mustard anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm wondering if The Pony ate that mustard around the time he sampled the bad milk! Maybe it wasn't the milk at all that made him a bit "indisposed."

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The Pony has been eating this jar. So I don't think it's take-backable. He is not one to return things anyway.

      Delete