Saturday, May 21, 2022

A Lottery-Shop Quartet of COINS

 SUNDAY, May 15, I was leaving Orb K when I spied a penny I must have missed on the way in.

 
It's right there in the middle of the photo. Shiny copper against the gray concrete.

 
This was a heads-up 2015 penny. I had to wait as two oblivious, perhaps anti-pennyite, customers trod over it before I could snap the picture.
_____________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, May 16, I tried to capture a coin in the Liquor Store. Oh, I got the actual coin:

 
But only a closeup to reveal my treasure here, a 1980 heads-up penny. I TOOK a more panoramic picture with my phone, but the phone didn't KEEP the picture for me! I didn't know it at the time. Even if I had known, I don't think I could have taken another picture, because my ample rumpus was being crowded by a close-waiter.
____________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, May 19, I was in Country Mart for my $3 scratchers out of both machines. On the way out, I saw TWO pennies waiting for me!

 
Imagine, if you will, trying to snap a picture of a penny OUTSIDE the door, and another INSIDE the door, while that door kept automatically closing and opening! I feared I might need to use my ample rumpus dividing line as a bicycle rack of sorts, to hold that door and keep it from closing!

 
Outside was a shiny face-down 2002 penny. Sticky with something, I discovered when I snatched it up. But it washed off in plain water at home.

 
Inside was a heads-up 1977 penny. Not sticky. I'm lucky my head didn't get closed in that squirrelly door while picking it up!
____________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS, for 4 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 40, 41, 42, 43.
Dime            still at 8.
Nickel          still at 1.
Quarter       still at 2.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I passed up a penny yesterday and thought of you. Then I found a new, gasoline gift card on the ground and thought of you. Then I scratched the three didgit code and checked the balance on the computer. It was zero, and I thought of you and how lucky you are and I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Glad you are thinking of me! I wasn't very lucky today. Broke my cell phone! First time I ever broke one.

      Delete
  2. Time to do my own boasting again. In the $80 million lottery draw, I actually won $119.20. I would have preferred the $80m, or even half, but I'm happy enough with what I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you! I bet that was exciting!

      I never win that much on a draw ticket. Except the very first time I played, way back before the boys were born. We couldn't get those tickets in Missouri. Hick had somebody at his work who drove over the river to Illinois once a week to buy them. I gave Hick my numbers, and I won $118. Never happened since. I think the most I've won is $10, once. A $2 a few times.

      Delete