Saturday, May 25, 2019

That's the Way the COIN Clanks

For two cents, I'd tell you about the coins I added to my Future Pennyillionaire collection this week. Oh, wait! I AM telling you! About the TWO CENTS I found.

SUNDAY, May 19, got the week off to a good start when I stepped out of T-Hoe at Country Mart. Alas, the week did not live up to its initial promise...


Yeah, you might need a little help with this one. To be fair, the sun was making a glare on my phone, and I wasn't even sure if I had the penny in frame. I did, though. There in the middle, like the third point of a flat sideways triangle using those two white spots above and below that big crack. Heh, heh. I said big crack!


It was a year 2000, heads up. Kind of dirty, but still shiny enough to get my attention.
_____________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, May 24, was problematic. I pulled onto the parking lot of The Gas Station Chicken Store, weaving through all manner of gas-getters and bad parkers. I guess people were getting an early start on the holiday weekend. I figured there would be a crowd in the tiny story, not conducive to penny-picturing. I threw caution to the wind, and left my phone in T-Hoe. As I turned to close the door, I almost reached in to snatch that phone off the console, and put it in my pocket. But I didn't. It's not like I've been finding 39 pennies a week any more.

You know what happened, right? Yes, in the tradition of cookies crumbling, and balls bouncing, Even Steven taught me the lesson: That's How the Coin Clanks. I take that phone in every store, every day, just in case I see a coin. But the ONE TIME the phone was in the car, I found a penny! Right by the door, on my way out. Of course I picked it up and put it in my shirt pocket.

Once I reunited with my phone in T-Hoe, I posed Old Abe on the air conditioner vent. Just to prove he happened.


There's Hick's pharmacy, CeilingReds, in the background, across the moat.


Gotta give 2017 Abe his close-up. He, too, was looking up at me when I bent down to liberate him from the tile.

Because I'm such a Pollyanna, a rainbows and unicorn kind of Val, an eternal optimist... I'm looking at the bright side. I may have only found two pennies this week, but that's TWICE as many as I found last week!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 61, 62.
Dime   still at 8.
Nickel  still at 7.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. And I bet you NEVER leave your phone in the car again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, because you never know when stuff will happen that needs proof!

      Delete
  2. I found a nickle yesterday. The last three coins have been two dimes and now a nickle. I am going to get rich at this rate.

    ReplyDelete