Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Next For Hick: A More-Than $5000 Traveling House

Work on Hick House is winding down. For Hick, that is. He will be busy this week, taking This Guy to physical therapy after his back surgery, and This Guy's Wife to the city for a follow-up after her broken-hip surgery, and T-Hoe to Mick the Mechanic for an oil change and brake inspection. So... Hick has put HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) on a detailed task list. The plumbing needs finishing, the master bedroom needs drywall on the ceiling, and an upstairs bedroom needs painted. Also, the outdoor shed needs a roof, and the rest of the siding needs hanging. We'll see how this delegation of duties pans out.

In between overseeing all this rehab (of house and man and woman), Hick is sprucing up the camper he will be selling to recoup the cost of Hick House.

It's parked in the front yard right now, while he makes sure all systems work. For anybody who knows campers (like Blog Buddy Kathy), this is a 32 foot (according to Hick) 2011 Forest River Salem RV. He's asking a little more than the price of Hick House and renovations costs. Hick will be washing the grime off the outside. The inside is in good shape, though the stove will be getting a Hick-scrubbing, because it isn't as sparkling as he'd prefer. The back part is where an outside kitchen folds out, with a sink and stove and refrigerator.

It has a slide-out section, and also an outdoor shower behind that. According to Hick, it's just like a hose, but the specs list an outdoor shower.


Here's the living room, as you come in the door. The part that slides out. The couch makes a bed, as well as that table.


Looking forward. The main bedroom is behind the TV cabinet. Hick needs to get a TV to put in there. He says he'll probably get one at a pawn shop.


This looks back toward the bunk room. Bathroom is on the left, that wooden door past the refrigerator.


Here's the back bedroom. Bunk over outdoor kitchen area on the left, and a table and fold-down bunk on the right.


The wooden door is the bathroom door opened, this section just has the curtain, Hick says.

I was sure he had a picture of the bathroom, but I'm not finding it in my files. Maybe I just looked at it on his phone, and he didn't sent it. The bathroom has a sink, toilet, and little tub with a shower.

Anyhoo... Hick has put it on Buy/Sell/Trade, and put a picture up at his Storage Unit Store. He's had several inquiries. Once everything is good to go, Hick will be putting it on display up at the Storage Unit parking lot, where he can give tours. He said our neighbor wanted to look at it, so he told her she could walk over and go inside. He called me to tell me not to yell at her. AS IF! I'm so sure I would stick my head out the door and say, "Go on, now! GIT!"

12 comments:

  1. Know nothing about campers, but I would bet he gets it sold fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is hoping to get it up to the Storage Unit
      Store by next weekend. This weekend would be better, so maybe he'll get it there before Memorial Day, and when all the kids get out of school and people go camping.

      Delete
  2. I am sure this will go very fast, that is not a lot for the size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some fancy additions, like the outdoor kitchen. It's smaller than the one already sitting up at the Storage Unit Store parking lot, so it might appeal to a certain set of prospective buyers.

      Delete
  3. Yes, that looks like a sweetie for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in better shape than Hick expected.

      Delete
  4. Very compact living, which wouldn't suit me at all. When I was very young I loved the idea of being a gypsy and roaming from place to place, but now I have far too many possessions that I can't do without, so caravanning is not for me. A holiday in one would be fine. I think once it has a working TV and shiny stove, Kick could easily get back the $5000 house money and maybe even a bit of profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has $7500 in Hick House. He's asking $10,900 for the camper. I'm pretty sure he will settle for just getting his money back, though I can't speak for him. Campers like this are selling for more than that when I look them up online.

      Delete
  5. I imagine Hick will have a hard time parting with this beauty and want to take her on the road for a test drive...like maybe to Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, his truck (SilverRedO), will not comfortably pull it. His old Ford F250 would have. Even had a 5th-wheel hitch, from when we had my mom's old camper. We're just not happy campers!

      In fact, Hick dropped that hitch on his foot while removing it for the winter, and had to have a pin put in his broken toe.

      Hick took Genius and The Pony camping when they were young, just up the highway to the state park, but I only visited during daylight hours. And mainly to make sure he was keeping the boys alive. He lost The Pony in the crack between the bed and the wall!

      Delete
  6. Perfect time to sell a camper! Should go fast and he should be able to get his asking price. Like Hick House, I got a deal on the one I bought for a couple in need. 38' 4 season, king size bed and even came with panels to close in the bottom for $5000. They paid me back and I did not charge interest, as I just wanted to help them get on their feet. But, what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! The ground has been so wet that he can't get it out of the yard to pull five miles to the storage unit lot. It will get a lot of exposure there. From the online listing, he's had 90-something people look at it. I'm sure some just like looking at campers, others are checking its value, some need to sell their current camper first, and some need a loan. Once he gets it up on the lot, right next to a major road, where people can actually see it, he will get more serious inquiries.

      Kudos to you for helping those folks. Good karma points, what goes around comes around. That's a steal! Our lives continue to run parallel. You got a $5000 TRAVELING house!

      Delete