Saturday, May 11, 2019

CHANGE on the Horizon for Val

Just when I'd almost given up my pennyquest for this week, I opened T-Hoe's door on THURSDAY, May 9, and saw


a shiny face-down 2014 nickel silently screaming for my attention. I waited for the car parked next to me to leave before hopping out with my phone camera. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was a weirdo, you know.


I swear, both of these photos seemed more in-focus on my phone, without my glasses. Maybe the lens was fogged up from humidity... This was at the Backroads Casey's.

After picking up my 44 oz Diet Coke at The Gas Station Chicken Store two doors down, I headed for Orb K. Which was also coinly accommodating.


I didn't need those glasses to see, or a drumroll from that drum stick to call my attention to the face-down 1999 penny, waiting there just for me.


I hope the guy behind my behind has recovered from exposure to my ample rumpus as I bent over to snatch this beauty before some squinty-eyed ice-cream-lover absconded with it.
_____________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, May 10, the Casey's over in Walmart Town was also generous.


This 2012 beauty was heads-up, hiding just far enough under the edge of the counter to make retrieval harder than it needed to be.


Let the record show that nobody was behind me in line for a rumpus view. I think I can hear the collective sigh of relief.

So... seven cents for Val this week. So far. There's still Stop-the-Presses Saturday to deal with, as I'm scheduling this Friday to publish automatically.
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 58, 59.
Dime   still at 8.
Nickel   # 7.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Almost a $5 total...that is 1/1000 of house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might take me longer to reach Pennyillionaire status than I first imagined. But I'll be darned if I use MY penny money to fund another of Hick's follies!

      Delete
  2. So that's a cent for every day even if you did get five of them all at once in the nickel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That nickel was like winning $25 on a $5 scratcher! Five times what I expected, but even better because it didn't cost me anything!

      Delete
  3. You are due to hit a gold mine, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should carry around a bucket in T-Hoe!

      Delete