Monday, May 27, 2019

Hick and Val Continue Their Gun Battle

When I ascended from my dark basement lair to make supper for Hick on Saturday evening, he was kicked back in the La-Z-Boy, waving a stack of money at me.

"Oh. Are you giving me that?"

"NO. It's what I made today."

"How much?"

"Four hundred and twenty-one dollars."

"That's good. Now I don't have to pay you back anything out of my lottery winnings."

"Well. I didn't say THAT. We owe me a lot more than that." 

"I mean we don't have to pay you back until after the camper sells."

"Maybe. I sold two guns today."

"I always told you that you had too much money wrapped up in those guns. What'd you make, forty dollars profit on them?"

"No. I sold a .22 shotgun / 410 rifle combo. It was a Rossi. Not real common. I made thirty dollars profit on it. And another shotgun, for five dollars over what I paid for it."

"Ha ha ha! You didn't EVEN make a forty dollar profit, then!"

"Yeah. But I got rid of them. I'd had the one for over a year."

"THAT'S WHAT I WAS TELLING YOU! Too much money tied up in the guns!"

"Well. Now I've got my money back."

Sheesh! If only I could have found a way to make him think of that himself before now.

8 comments:

  1. Inventory is can be expensive, but at least guns have a long shelf life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. As my mom told me before I married Hick: "Honey, they're all alike."

      Delete
  3. Making 'him' (any male) think of that for themselves is an impossible job. You just have to wait until they suddenly get their light bulb moment one day. Some never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has had several revelations that I'd been telling him for some time. He also discovered, after six months of having goats, that "Goats are herd animals!" He called to tell me that. Like he was the first person in the history of the world to make that discovery.

      Delete
  4. It's always good to be rid of guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And better to be rid of goats. Said my lilac bush, with its last remaining leafy branch.

      Delete