Wednesday, November 8, 2023

You Know What Really Bugs Me?

I have a jealous bone! More accurately, I have a jealous bone encased in ample quantities of fat. But still... that green-eyed monster is clamoring FOUL PLAY, when I should be reveling in The Pony's good fortune.

The Pony is the beneficiary of a LADYBUG EXPLOSION!

I am SO envious. I have not seen a single ladybug! While The Pony has cornered the market.


On Nov 3, The Pony had this passenger riding along in his mail truck.


On Nov 4, I thought The Pony was sending me a picture of a fancy mailbox. Then I looked closer, and saw the special guest.


Also on Nov 4, another picture that was not just a mailbox.


Those are not just spots. They are actual ladybugs. The real dark red kind, not the orange beetle kind. The photo doesn't do them justice with their hue.


And on Nov 7, another special delivery for The Pony.

I am trying not to be jealous, and to celebrate The Pony's good fortune. Ladybugs always remind us of my mom, since we saw them everywhere right after she passed away in early February, 2016. Not exactly the time of year you expect to see ladybugs.

Anyhoo... that's 20 (depending on how well you can count that door) ladybugs in 5 days for The Pony! But who's counting? MEEEEE! 

8 comments:

  1. Once, I was lying on the sofa in my den. As my eyes wandered above the picture window and toward the ceiling, I saw a dark line at the edge of ceiling. As I pondered how this dirt got there, I realized the line was moving. I had hundreds of ladybugs. It was the same in the kitchen. I found ladybugs in the freezer and refrigerator. Obviously, the had to have flown or walked in while I had the door open. They were in the dishes I was cooking and on my plate when I began to eat.

    Since I did not want to hurt a ladybug whose children were alone in her burning home, they proliferated. Finally, they met their demise when I got out the vacuum. I have no idea why there were so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had them in her family room, but not upstairs in the kitchen, living room, or bedrooms. She'd see about 25 a day, and use her Dustbuster to vacuum them and let them loose outside. At night, the ones she missed would go back up into her drop ceiling. She refused to call an exterminator. They didn't move in a line, but flitted here and there.

      Delete
    2. Mine were in the hundreds, lining up and some flitting about. It never happened again.

      Delete
    3. They were plotting a takeover, until you got out the vacuum!

      Delete
  2. I have seen a couple here and there bt never that many all at once, they're more rare here than they used to be. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them, too! But The Pony is a ladybug magnet!

      Delete
  3. We got them in our motorhome one year. I am now an expert at removing them. They were all over the ceiling and I used a on litre coke bottle to hold just under them and knock them in. They bite, too. It hurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never bit me, but one flew into my ear while I was lying on Mom's couch. She rushed to my rescue, and whacked me on the opposite side of the head. Thank goodness she didn't have to use the DustBuster!

      Delete