Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Welcome to Val's World

Tuesday morning, I had a regular six-month appointment at my nurse practitioner's office, which is over in Bill-Paying Town, in the upper floors of the hospital. Hick said he would drive me, which was a nice gesture, since it meant that I could be dropped off at the door, and not have to do extra walking.

My appointment was for 8:15, demanding my arrival at 8:00. Hick let me off, and drove A-Cad over to Lowe's to look for things he needed to finish the outside of The Pony's house. You didn't think he'd just sit in the parking lot and wait for me, did you?

When I came out 50 minutes later, I was surprised to see what Hick had bought:


It was a 10-foot piece of gutter for The Pony's front porch. I was too stunned to take the picture right away. This is back over near our bank, where Hick took the liberty of a detour to show me the outside of the Double Hovel flip house. But not long enough, or in a position advantageous for getting a picture of THAT.

Welcome to Val's World.

6 comments:

  1. Guttering is important and I am glad The Pony is getting some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony already had guttering, but a piece was bent, and water ran down behind it in the rain.

      Delete
  2. Last time our son came he cleaned the gutter for me and HeWho made a trip to Lowes for the covers to keep the trash and leaves out. This was over a year ago and they are still not installed .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine me doing the Home Alone "Scream" face in shock. NOT! You might be approaching another year...

      Delete
    2. He ordered an new vent fan for the bathroom, took the face off the existing one and left the new one in the box, but unpacked, so it no longer fits in the box, on the porch. He threw away the old cover and I now have a gaping hole in the bathroom ceiling with the innards of the mechanism showing. 10 months and counting.

      Delete
    3. Watch out for falling mice! Not that your house would have mice, but I didn't think MINE did, either. Perhaps you remember my vent fan story. Perhaps not...

      https://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/2013/01/you-got-mouse-in-your-socket.html

      And Part II

      https://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-you-give-mouse-sky-box.html

      Delete