Thursday, November 9, 2023

Bingo Odds Played By Hick

Hick went to the Senior Center for lunch on Wednesday, in time to play bingo. That was a good decision. He won TWICE!


Hick's first prize was Girl Scout cookies and a popcorn ball. The second was Chinese Checkers. He plans to sell the Chinese Checkers at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) for $5. That's the price that was on the box. I'm pretty sure he will eat the popcorn ball and the Girl Scout cookies. If he hasn't already!

There's an empty popcorn ball wrapper because the lady gave Hick one when he went through the lunch line. He said EVERYBODY got one, if they asked for it! That's his story, and The Pet is sticking to it!

Lunch was catfish, slaw, fries, and cherry cobbler. Hick decided not to go to Wednesday night bingo at the sports bar. None of his friends were going. Shame. He was planning to have the buffalo wonton thingies for his supper. Instead, he came home to make himself a bologna sandwich with pepperjack cheese. As Hick said, "I LIKE bologna!"

Anyhoo... I'm sure Hick didn't miss anything at bingo. It's not like he's ever won there. He said on Sunday night, his friend won the grand prize: a coffee maker worth $90 at Walmart. Oh, and she doesn't even drink coffee!

Better luck next week for Hick at night-time bingo.

10 comments:

  1. Hick made a wise decision in playing Bingo at the Senior Center rather than at the sports bar if none of his friends were going to be there. That's part of the fun of going besides the food:) I remember playing Chinese Checkers in my younger days. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not really the bingo that Hick is interested in. I played Chinese Checkers a couple times, but don't remember how now. It was not a favorite like Monopoly!

      Delete
  2. Those GS cookies are a real winner, a prize for sure. They were out of them from the beginning this year. Well, that is what I heard. I would have liked to have won Chinese checkers. My set was a round tin box, not wood. Do you ever go to the Senior Center?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we are retired, we don't buy Girl Scout cookies, having nobody trying to sell to us at work! Thin Mints were always my favorite. Then I found out that Save A Lot had a version almost identical. Haven't thought about them in a while. Maybe I'll look next time I shop there.

      The Chinese Checkers I played were in a metal case, too. I think they belonged to my cousins. Don't remember playing them at home.

      I don't go to the Senior Center. Too early for me! I'm having a banana and Cheerios around noon, then going to town a couple hours later. I think Hick would spend $3 to buy my lunch, though, if I went!

      Delete

  3. Our gr-daughters were in GS, and we supported them mightily. Overdosed on thin mints. My brother follows "The Moran Brothers", who praise bologna sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also liked the chocolate with coconut GS cookies. I don't mind a bologna sandwich, but I don't rave about them like Hick. Sometimes I see a fried bologna sandwich on one of the food networks that looks delicious.

      Delete
  4. I remember Chinese Checkers, we never had a set so I've never played, but I saw them in stores and at friends houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the colors, and how they sat in those little holes, more than actually playing the game.

      Delete
  5. I was the youngest and learned early in life to entertain myself as my sister was a tomboy and not into dolls, like I was. I would play with all the parts of various board games on the floor in front of the TV when we gathered there as a family. Sometimes we even played the games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to fight to see who was the Scotty dog in Monopoly! If I lost, I took the boot.

      Delete