Saturday, November 25, 2023

Val Baby-Steps Her Way Out of the PENNY Shortage

The curse has been broken! Whoever had a voodoo Val doll with a reverse magnet strapped to it, repelling all pennies, must have tired of their shenanigans, and at least flipped that magnet on Tuesday!

On my very very good day, TUESDAY, November 21, I hobbled out of the Gas Station Chicken Store and was immediately accosted by a shining PENNY!


Just try to miss THAT one! The day was cool and sunny as I made my way around three towns. I guess dusk was falling early, or a cloud passed over while I was inside buying scratchers. The object of my desire was under the roof by the gas pumps. You can see Hick's pharmacy across the moat, and a sliver of a car parked at the Casey's in the uppermost leftmost corner. But all I had eyes for was that penny!


It was a face-down 2002 penny, showing me its rumpus. What a cheeky Lincoln! I suppose he was embarrassed to show his face, after avoiding me for nigh on two weeks!

My hopes for breaking last year's records are as dim as the light in this picture. But I'll keep trying! Nobody ever became a Pennyillionaire by giving up.
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 81.
Dime             still at 17
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 4

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! I think my voodoo curser tired of toying with me, and now my penny attraction is once again in effect.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It appears so! I saw a penny at the counter of the Backroads Casey's this afternoon. It was too far under the candy racks for me to get a toe on, or bend my arm to grasp. I figured lying down on the floor to reach it was not a good idea.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for the breaking of the drought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted! It's like I've been reunited with an old friend!

      Delete