Saturday, January 28, 2023

You COIN't Find Silver Every Week

Val's 2023 kick-off silver-finding spree has come to an end. But I'm not complaining!

I'm glad I drove to town on the afternoon we had 8 inches of snow! Of course, it was off the main roads by the time I left home Wednesday, and most parking lots had been cleared. Like the Backroads Casey's, where I stepped out of T-Hoe on WEDNESDAY, January 25, and saw


A penny demanding my attention! 


It was a face-down 1997 penny, camouflaging itself like a chameleon against the wet asphalt.

But wait! Once inside the store, I saw ANOTHER penny lurking at my feet.


I had to look carefully, since this Casey's seems to have hired the person who was formerly in charge of keeping the floors clean over at Orb K!


Poor ol' Abe looked like Peanuts' PigPen, wallowing in that filth! Once home, he got a vinegar bath, at which time I discovered he was from 1985.
_______________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, January 26, I had some good and bad luck at the Sis-Town Casey's.


I was sure I could get that penny out from under the rack with my shoe-toe. The clerk was quite compliant, asking if I minded to WAIT JUST A MINUTE. Of course I didn't! I had already taken my picture, and set about poking my foot under the rack. From the front. From the side. From the front again. Dang it! I couldn't get any traction! The dude behind me offered to get the penny, and I gratefully accepted his offer. No closeup, but it was a heads-up 2018 penny. I know, because Dude flipped it over like tossing heads or tails as he picked it up with one hand and presented to me on the other.

But wait again! As I was walking out the door, I saw ANOTHER penny at my feet. I did not stop for a picture, lest my paid-for gas expire before I could get to the pump. So I picked it up and put it in my jacket pocket, so as not to confuse it with the rack penny in my shirt pocket.


It was a face-down 1998 penny, shown here on my kitchen counter.
_______________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, January 27, I waited until after the 3:00 rush to enter the Liquor Store. They have free fountain sodas for the prison workers, I think.


I guess their GOOD rug is out being cleaned, heh, heh. But this one didn't distract me from finding the penny that was waiting for me.


It was a heads-up 1992 penny, now resting more cleanly in my penny goblet.
________________________________________________________________

That's 5 COINS this week, for 5 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.
Dime             still at 3.
Nickel           still at 0
Quarter        still at 0

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. You made quite a haul there. I have a silver embedded in my washer, and have tried to dig it out. No luck. Keep me post ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spoiled by finding a dime every week for the first three weeks of 2023. But I'll take 5 pennies any week!

      Delete
  2. Free fountain sodas for the prison workers! I don't know much about prisons, but I'm sure those workers deserve the free sodas. Five cents is a good enough haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five cents is fine with me! I think the soda policy changed last year. I remember seeing a sign taped up that only the prison employees themselves got the free sodas, and not members of their families. Not sure if the policy itself changed, or if some family members were taking advantage.

      Delete