Saturday, June 11, 2022

Another COINucopia For Val This Week

The Liquor Store is keeping Val in business.

SUNDAY, June 5, I stopped at the Liquor Store for scratchers. There was a line when I entered, so I had to find room to stand on the first aisle. Good thing I did!

 
Even Steven had provided me with a penny! How fitting that is was waiting next to a big box of lottery draw-ticket forms!

 
It was a face-down 2013 penny, shown here on the nicely-focused tile floor.
_____________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, June 7, I was back at the Liquor Store. I was meant to be there! Waiting outside the front door was another penny. I'm surprised there wasn't a cardboard sign out by the road with a message: VAL, We Have Your Penny!

 
It was almost jumping up and down, waving its non-existent arms to get my attention!

 
This was a shiny, though dirty, face-down 2021 penny.
______________________________________________________________________

Forget about the Liquor Store! The best source for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune is the School-Turn Casey's!

THURSDAY, June 9, it was my second stop on Errand Day. For scratchers, of course! Some yayhoo was parked cattywompus in my favorite spot, so I had to park parallel to him at the end of the store. Coming out, I made a fantastic discovery:

 
It was a QUARTER! Whoop-ti-do!


It was a face-down 1999 Connecticut quarter. I nabbed it for my shirt pocket.
 
But wait! As I continued to T-Hoe, I made ANOTHER discovery!
 
 
THREE MORE PIECES OF SILVER!!!

 
It was a heads-up 1987 nickel, a face-down 2014 Florida quarter, and a heads-up old-style 1993 quarter! I hope that wonky parker thought I was taking a picture of his bad parking! Of course I was over-the-moon with my treasures. Little did I know...

That I was in for another treat when I got back to the Backroads Casey's!

 
Faithfully awaiting my arrival, which was a last-minute decision based on available parking...

 
... was a heads-up 2021 penny shining to get my attention. I was running out of pockets, so Abe got to ride with that first quarter in my shirt pocket.
______________________________________________________________________

That's 7 COINS this week, for 83 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 47, 48, 49.
Dime            still at 8.
Nickel          # 3.
Quarter       # 3, 4, 5.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sadly, once I accumulate my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, it won't go as far as it would have when I started the quest!

      Delete
  2. Three quarters! Is Even Steven making up for past losses? or getting ahead of future non-coin days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that's my new 1-day record for quarters. I guess I'll soon find out if Even Steven is making up or getting ahead!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Not as ggod as the lottery, but you did great with silver finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. A little gesture from Even Steven to make amends for the week's catastrophes. Jury duty letter, microwave death, T-Hoe's broken heater hose, Hick trying to kill me with his head cold cooties...

      Delete