Saturday, June 4, 2022

A Less Than CENTSational Showing

This was not a good week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. At least it wasn't a shut-out! I attribute the lack of coinage to the wealth of scratchage that crossed my path. Over four days, I bought three scratchers with the WIN ALL prize, at $100 each ticket. Alas, ONLY two were for me, and the other was bought by me for The Pony. So if Even Steven sees fit to only gift me with a single PENNY this week, I understand.

WEDNESDAY, June 1, I was next in line at Orb K when I had to stop for a photo:

 
In fact, the clerk was calling to me, and I had to say, "I'll be there in just a minute, after I get a picture of this lucky penny!" Good thing nobody was behind me, or there might have been a RUMPUS, heh, heh! The penny is really there in the photo. At about the 8:00 position from that large gummy spot.
 
 
It was a face-down 1983 penny, which I scooped into my shirt pocket and left the waiting-line maze to take my turn at the register.
______________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 46.
Dime            still at 8.
Nickel          still at 2.
Quarter       still at 2.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. One penny is better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah. People must be picking up their own dropped pennies! Or not getting out buying liquor and gas and groceries at the rate they did before.

      Delete