Saturday, October 2, 2021

Two COINS in the Downpour

Not quite three coins in the fountain, but I'll take 'em! 
 
All it takes is one stop. One stop to harvest a crop for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. This week, that stop was on THURSDAY, September 29. I was on my way to mail Genius's weekly letter. I left home later than usual, because we had a drenching rain until about 3:00. Drenching rain, as opposed to a dry rain, heh, heh. It was an unusually hard rain. As if gravity had been dialed up to pull it down more forcefully. The creeks didn't run over. So not a LOT of rain. Just a hard rain. 

Anyhoo... throughout my trip to town, I never encountered more than a sprinkle. So the timing was a good choice. I opened T-Hoe's door to get out at the School-Turn Casey's, and saw

 
A sign that I was where I was supposed to be, when I was supposed to be there! A coin was waiting for me!

 
It was a heads-up 2001 NICKEL, fresh from the rain. Of course I was thrilled to pocket that seldom-found nickel. As I turned back to T-Hoe to get my keys and winning scratchers off the seat, I glanced toward the store, and saw

 
ANOTHER coin waiting for me! Good thing nobody was parked in that other non-parking space beside me.

 
It was a face-down 2016 penny, also shiny in the rain. Mine now!
_______________________________________________________________________

On Friday, I almost represented the other side of the coin, so to speak! I got out of T-Hoe at the Gas Station Chicken Store, parked in the space next to the FREE AIR hose, and DROPPED THREE OF MY PENNIES that I was clutching for my 44 oz Diet Coke. Of course I stopped to pick them up. Nobody's going to find pennies on MY dime!

That makes 2 COINS, for 6 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 96.
Dime         still at 12.
Nickel       # 5.
Quarter    still at 6.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Anything I drop always manages to bounce or roll under something. Those three pennies would have been under my car out of my reach for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two fell under the running board, so I was able to ample-rumpus them easily. The other was up by the front tire, requiring me to close the door and go get it. Lucky bounce x 3 for Val!

      Delete
  2. Two coins in the downpour is better than three coins in the fountain where you wouldn't be able to get them. It's bad luck to remove someone's wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I might get the OPPOSITE of their wish for taking the wishing penny!

      Delete
  3. I would like to see you by a real fountain with coins in the bottom. Field day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People better guard their kids' sand bucket and shovel! I could have Hick put an extender on that shovel in no time.

      Delete