Friday, October 1, 2021

Light, Showers at Pony House

Hick went to Pony House early on Monday morning. The delivery of the bathroom fixtures was scheduled for 7:00-11:00 a.m. That's not exactly what I call a schedule! At 11:15, Hick called me.

"I been here all morning, and Lowe's never showed up. I called them at 11:05, and asked where my stuff was. The guy apologized, and said somebody didn't show up for work. He said they should be here by 2:00. I told him I already waited four hours, and I had things to do. So he said they'd be here on Tuesday between 7:00 and 11:00."

Hick was NOT happy. He had an auction to go to that afternoon! It's not like he sat at Pony House twiddling his thumbs waiting on Lowe's. There's nowhere to sit at Pony House, heh, heh. In fact, Hick was working on the floor of the Master Bathroom that day. He still made it to his auction, where he bought himself some Oreos and bananas.

Anyhoo... on Tuesday, Lowe's showed up with the showers and tub and toilets and sink at 7:05. The squeaky Hick catches the early delivery, I guess.

 
It's not much to look at, just boxes. But Hick also found two lights. Not sure if they came from Goodwill, the auction, or a rehab store. I'll have to get the details. Hick says the small light was $5, and the big light was $10. He plans to hang the big light in the living room, and the smaller light in the Master Bedroom. The Pony agrees.

The pedestal sink is for Bathroom 2. Or maybe the hall half-bath. Hick has another sink like that here that he's planning to use in the other one. I think it's in the BARn right now. Guess nobody will be washing their hands in the BARn! Nah. I'm not even sure it's hooked up to anything.

The bathroom fixtures are currently stacked in the living room. Hick has been working on those bathroom floors for now, shoring them up with new floor joists. Still waiting on his construction buddy to discuss the plumbing.

6 comments:

  1. If they are not going to show at the time they said they could at least call...but they never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like the UPS and FedEx deliveries, who show you a time and date for a whole week, and then not a peep when it's not there by the end of the day. But the next day will show OUT FOR DELIVERY again.

      They're like the rental car people who know how to TAKE a reservation, but not how to KEEP a reservation. Only with delivery appointments. I guess they know you're not going to beat the Not-Heaven out of your own delivery for revenge, or else they don't care if you do.

      Delete
  2. I get really annoyed when people don't show up, then sorry when I hear the reasons. Those lights are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think HICK was sorry at all when HE heard the reason, heh, heh. He did make a good choice on the lights. He's already put them up. Maybe I'll show the big one in a couple days.

      Delete
  3. The day we left for a vacation Sears called to say they would deliver our new fridge by 10 am. Then they said 12. This went on all day. By 8 pm they said the guys were still on the truck. At 10 we went to bed. At 8 a.m we canceled the new fridge and headed out on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was probably another couple expecting their fridge at 8:00 p.m., who were dragged out of bed by the delivery guys ringing their doorbell.

      Delete