Saturday, May 22, 2021

My CENTSation Has Returned

Things are looking up for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!

TUESDAY, May 18, I had to drive over to the main post office to mail my DISH bill. I don't trust the dead mouse smelling post office in Backroads, because last month they lost my AT&T bill I put in their drive-thru mailbox. Of course I stopped for scratchers on the way.

 
Good thing I did! A lonely penny was waiting for me next to my regular parking space at the School-Turn Casey's. They've re-done their parking space lines, and left this area unmarked. I think it's for the delivery people, but regular folks still park here. Like me! Can't see the penny? Look at that big splotch, around the 11:00 position. The penny isn't within the splotch itself, but just outside it, in line with the stenciled feet of that wheelchair decal in the handicap space.

 
This was a face-down, scuffed-up, 1972 penny. He might have been waiting for me a few days!

From there I mailed my bill, then went to the Sis-Town Casey's for different scratchers. On the way to the door, another copper lay in wait for me!

 
Right there by the crack in the sidewalk. Don't be distracted by the feet of one of the three young biddies who were cackling it up beside a white van. I wasn't. I was focused on my penny!

 
It was a blindingly shiny heads-up 2020. Abe was practically glowing.
______________________________________________________________

My Backroads haunts forsook me, but on THURSDAY, May 20, I went back to mail Genius's weekly letter, and the Casey'ses didn't disappoint! The School-Turn Casey's was busy with a delivery truck, so I went on by, planning to circle back later. I think my timing was right!

At the Sis-Town Caseys, my regular Pump #4 had a car in it. So I had to choose Pump #3 or #5. I took #5, because it was easier to make the turn. I went in and paid. Got some scratchers. Came out to pump T-Hoe's gas. I was distracted by a USPS LLV gassing up at Pump #6. In glancing at the pumper, I saw:

 
A penny peeping out from the side of the pump! The Pony said I should crop the legs of his brethren out of the photo. I saw no need. It's not a crime to show random legs on a blog with a handful of readers!

 
This was a face-down 1972 penny.
 
My last stop was the School-Turn Casey's. Of course there was a car parked sideways in the unmarked area where I normally park. I was about to head for my second choice, in front of the store, when a white truck pulled in there. So I went to the side of the building, where I haven't parked for over a year.

 
Wouldja lookie there! It's a girl my Lord in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to take a look at me! OH, WAIT! That was the Eagles, takin' it easy. What I meant to say was: It's a DIME, by cracky! Waiting for me where I parked badly to leave room for T-Hoe's door to open. Otherwise, I'd have been right on top of that shiny coin!

 
It was a face-down 2020 dime. My second 2020 of the week. So much for trying to forget that year...
__________________________________________________________________

That makes 4 COINS this week, for 13 CENTS. Hope that's not unlucky! Because I was feelin' pretty LUCKY to find them! It's been a while.
________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 45, 46, 47.
Dime         # 4.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. You're getting lucky with the dimes. Looks like that car next to you is dripping some kind of fluid from its underneaths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what caught my eye first, the stream that I might step in. I think that car ran over a beverage can when it turned in there. Dr. Pepper, maybe. I can see a reddish-brown can when I zoom in.

      Delete