Friday, May 14, 2021

How Long Before THIS Guy Is Canceled?

It has come to my attention that a certain iconic beverage representative might be in danger of cancel culture. I would not think anything of his formerly innocent gesture. But these days there's no excuse for something he did before he knew it was the most heinous thing since promoting sliced bread.

I hope this cool dude has not, for all these years, been calling for a certain ethnic group to return to a certain continent!

 
Yet there he is, plain as the rumpus on my posterior, clearly flaunting that gesture formerly known as the OK sign! With a big 'ol smile! As if he's putting one over on us. That is known in conspiracy circles as "duping delight."

OH MY GOSH! Should I throw away my Kool-Aid packets? And the second box in my pantry? I swear I had no idea of Kool-Aid Man's politics before I bought him. I was happily ignorant of his horrific display of racism. I found him in Save A Lot, because I ran out of my usual Great Value Cherry Limeade Sugar Free Drink Mix (which I use to flavor my daily 44 oz Diet Coke), and I have no plans to enter Walmart to get more.
 
Maybe I should consult blog buddy joeh. He's done his research on this symbolism.
 
Meanwhile, Kool-Aid Man might be headed for a lawsuit. I wonder if his explanation will hold water in a court of law...

4 comments:

  1. Let's try this again, I think I didn't get to click "publish" as I suddenly choked on a mouthful of tea and the stuff just went everywhere! Keyboard, screen, table, floor, even up onto my glasses! What a mess.
    Anyway. Who suddenly decided that is now a racism symbol and why, is what I want to know. how dare they? Let them make up their own symbol! We shouldn't need one anyway. We should all live together without care for skin colour.
    Ugh, my keys are all sticky now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, joeh looked into it for us! I have forgotten the details of the original story. Some guy in the background of a newsroom flashed it, and then a certain group pushed the agenda.

      Sorry about your choking episode. I hate it when that happens! However, Diet Coke and sugar free Kool-Aid do not make anything sticky...

      Delete
  2. Doggone it! If I had paid attention to all the middle schoolers passing my classroom flashing hand signals, I'd have had to call the gang patrol. Drink up and don't make this a PSA. Someone somewhere will always find something. Your combination actually sounds delicious. Bottle it? No hand signals on your labels, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kool-Aid Man needs to lie low, and stop bustin' through walls drawing attention to himself! He may be able to ride this out. Or fabricate a defense that includes his lack-of-a-finger disability.

      Delete