Saturday, March 13, 2021

For Two CENTS, I'd Ample-Rumpus an Old Lady, and Tackle a Young Man

Okay, no I wouldn't. That would be too much physical activity. Almost like work. It's enough that I actually BEND OVER to pick up a penny that is not contested. I can't believe TWO CENTS slipped from my very-near distant grasp this week. So close, but yet so far...
 
After the debacle on MONDAY, March 8, when the little old lady beat me to the penny, I was, as you might imagine, quite disappointed. Not depressed enough to throw myself off the top of the 13 basement rail-less stairs, but in a funk. 
 
I left the scene of the whine, and headed for Orb K. The cashier there was quite unpleasant, which did not improve my mood. However... as she was doing a headstand to rip off their lowly-stocked lottery tickets, I glanced down at my feet, and saw
 

 A penny peeping out from the Muddy Buddies!


It was a shiny 2015 penny, heads up. I snatched old Abe off the floor before a random predatory old lady in line could think twice about making him her own! Maybe that Tuesday jeans and t-shirt guy from Save A Lot had been at Orb K ahead of me, and this surly cashier had not notified him that he dropped a penny! Take THAT, Contrary French Cousin Unfair Robert! Even Steven will always provide for Val.

Only 1 PENNY this week, for 1 CENT. But at least it wasn't a shut-out.
_______________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 21.
Dime         still at 1.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Imagine how happy you'd be for me if I'd also strong-armed those other two pennies from the old lady and the t-shirt guy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Only 338 more, and I could afford a bag of Muddy Buddies! Oh, wait! It might take another year to find enough for the tax...

      Delete
  3. your mama is always tossing love your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like she's tossing it other people's way, too! But I suppose those pennies could actually have been meant FOR THEM, which is why I didn't get those two.

      Delete