Saturday, March 20, 2021

Two CENTS, Four CENTS, Six CENTS, I Holler!

Penny-pickin' was good this week! On MONDAY, March 15, I spied a penny as I entered the Backroads Casey's. It was on the rubber mat in front of the door, so I didn't want to block ingress and egress while trying to get a picture. I pocketed my penny, and went in, planning to pose it in T-Hoe later.


It was a 2000 penny that had been heads-up, obviously looking for me!


Inside, as I stood in line, I found another. Probably a relative of the outdoor Abe. You can see the mat through the door, where I picked up the first one without exposing my noggin to a concussion while photographing it before capture.

 
Got the reflection here, but this inside one was a face-down 1985 penny.
___________________________________________________________________

On TUESDAY, March 16, I was off to visit my sister the ex-mayor's wife. Of course I stopped by the Sis-Town Casey's for scratchers. I was meant to be there on this day! Because on the way out, a little treat was waiting for me.

 
Wooden you know it! (heh, heh) It was a PENNY!

 
It was a face-down 1979 penny, looking especially focused here in his closeup.
__________________________________________________________________
 
THURSDAY, March 18, I headed back to town to mail Genius's weekly letter at the main post office. The one time I mailed it at the dead mouse smelling post office a couple months ago, it was A WEEK LATE! Anyhoo... I stopped by the cemetery for a quick (one-sided) convo with Mom and Dad, and off I went. At the very next stop, the School-Turn Casey's, I found a treat.
 
 
It was almost as if my cemetery words had gone from my mouth to someone's ear! And here was my reply. Also, it looks like the snacks are in short supply!
 
 
This was a face-down 2020 penny, which I nabbed before anyone else could figure out what I was toe-digging and ample-rumpusing for. 

I mailed the letter with minimal interference from The Universe. I DID have to drive from home with it laying on the defroster vents. When I left, the rain had turned to a condensing mist, which shook off the rail of the porch steps, and got onto Genius's envelope, which was stuffed in my purse, hanging on the arm that hung onto the rail. It dried out just in time to be shoved into the snout of the outside blue metal mailbox. 
 
On I went to the Sis-Town Casey's, for T-Hoe's weekly gas. I could see that my usual Pump 4 was available, as I passed by to the stoplight (we DO have them) to make my left turn town the sides street to get in there. Of course the minute I drove onto the lot, a white truck took my rightful pump! I had to switch to Pump 3, which is a bit farther from the concrete handicap slope that I walk up instead of stepping on and off the curb.

I was meant to take Pump 3 that day. On my way in, I saw a surprise that would have been out of my sight line from Pump 4.



No wide shot of this one. It would only have been a vaster expanse of parking lot. I tried, but couldn't get any cars or building in the frame with the cent. It was a 1978 penny, heads up. And wet. But definitely meant for me!
_____________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, March 19, I headed to Save A Lot with The Pony as my co-pilot. He was along for the ride. The ride to Domino's to pick up our supper. I pulled onto the parking lot, and found no suitable parking spaces near the building. I pulled into a lesser space. 

"Pony. Am I too close to that truck? Can he get the door open. I don't know... I'm going to pull through. Wait. I don't like facing this way. Somebody will pull in behind me, and I won't be able to get the hatch open. Hold on. I'm going over here. No. THIS one. Most people don't like to park by this light pole."

All this with no response from The Pony. But I was satisfied that I was by the cart return, and had room to get my door all the way open.


Yep. I was meant to park there. See that penny on the ground by the swatch of sunlight on T-Hoe's running board?
 
 
It was a heads-up 1979 penny, soaking up some sun until I arrived nd chose the fourth of the parking spaces I was considering.
_______________________________________________________________________

That's 6 PENNIES this week, for 6 CENTS toward's my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________
 
2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27.
Dime         still at 1.
Nickel       still at 1.
Quarter    still at 2.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________


10 comments:

  1. Why do I have to sign in to GOOGLE TO COMMENT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because obviously, as an associate of Val Thevictorian, THE UNIVERSE conspires against you!

      I don't know what's going on. I haven't changed any settings in at least five years!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I guess now that Google has stolen your identity, there's no longer a need.

      Delete
  3. Things are looking up in pennyillionaire land :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a thrilling week! I thought I might need Hick to find me a little wagon at the auction, to pull along and toss my pennies in. They were EVERYWHERE!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The next level will be a quest to become a Nickelillionaire!

      Delete
  5. Wow! My Daddy used to tell us as we walked out the door, "Don't take any wooden nickels." You made me think of him. I miss him. He was a big goof, but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you DIDN'T take any wooden nickels, either!

      Delete