Monday, March 22, 2021

Psychos Gonna Psycho

The Pony had my "tax preparation desk" all set up Sunday morning. He had HIPPIE charging at the kitchen table, with the external CD player installed, and TurboTax loading. It was a cheery space in which to work, with the three windows giving me a view to the outside if I needed to procrastinate.

"Thanks, Pony. All I need now is a way to get last year's taxes to install here. So I don't have to type in every little thing."

"That's on New Delly. Do you want me to go down and put them on a flash drive?"

"Yes! There's one next to the tower."

Off he went, my extra set of legs and partial brain. He returned within five minutes and handed over the flash drive. It worked like a charm. I was in the tax business forthwith.

"Oh, Pony? I brought up a mechanical pencil, but I don't have a black pen. I think there's one in my gambling purse. In the side zip pocket."

"No. It's blue ink."

"Look in that green bag I take to Oklahoma. I used to have a couple in the bottom of that."

"No. There WAS one, but it didn't work. Here. Try this one."

"NO! I can't use that fat thing! That's the one Dad left when he TOOK my thin black pen because it fit better in his little notebook. I hate that one. It's hard to grip."

"Okay... I'll look in the closet."

"Anything in there is probably 20 years old! Take a paper plate to scribble on, to see if they write."

"Nah. I use my hand."

The Pony returned shortly, with ink swirls on his left hand. The meaty part by the thumb.

"Here. I found this pack. They're still kind of fat, but not as much."


I see he's still using the same opening technique that he applied to the pack of AA batteries, the zip-lock sandwich bags, and the box of crackers.

The Pony might be trying to earn a new nickname: "Pack, The Ripper."

10 comments:

  1. Looks like the pack is properly opened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I can't pass out 3D glasses to my readers! That one flap is sticking up 3 or 4 inches! That's a drawer-jammer!

      Are you part of the Secret Psycho Society? I think it's a subset of the England-Islanders. Holding meetings to discuss their secret ways, making sure I don't get wind of it.

      Delete
  2. You mean your not supposed to rip the packaging open like that! All the open packages here look like that and not only that, but multiple open packages of the exact same item. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy? Imagine how I felt when I discovered ENGLAND IS AN ISLAND! If this is how packages should be opened, I need a remedial course. I imagine your HeWho is a professor...

      Delete
  3. I open packs like that if I'm in too much hurry to bother with scissors, but then I take all the items out and throw away the wrecked pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would peel off the cardboard, and let the remaining pens rest in their plastic coffin in a drawer until needed.

      Delete
    2. I did that once and the kids saw "new pens!" and got all excited and took them.

      Delete
    3. Well, I guess that's when your pens were needed...

      Pens at your house must have been like scissors at our house. EVERY YEAR I had to buy the boys new scissors for their school supply list. I don't know how they lost 16 pairs of scissors between them, from kindergarten to 8th grade. You'd think when they cleaned out their desk or locker at the end of the year, the scissors would have made it home in their backpack.

      ALSO, my home scissors disappeared. I swear that someday, somebody renovating our mansion will pry up a floorboard in Genius's room, and find a stash of scissors!

      Delete
  4. I really hate it when packages are ripped open like that. Yes, they are drawer jammers! I keep a pair of scissors handy for packages with no obvious way to get into them. This would drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could have at least torn that flap of cardboard all the way off!

      Delete