Saturday, December 12, 2020

Val the RaCOINteur Shares Her Weekly Harvest

Slowly but still slowly, Even Steven is proffering coins to Val on her jaunts about town.
 
SATURDAY, December 5, about 45 minutes too late for the Saturday CENTSus that had already gone to press... I made a toast-worthy discovery outside the liquor store!

 
Take THAT, you evil wench who hatefully transacted my scratcher business! My pal Even Steven has me covered.
 
 
It was a face-down (face-sideways) 1989 DIME, posed pretty as a picture up against the yellow tire-bumper. I did not see it on my way inside, but the sun hit it just right as I left. There were no other cars parked along the other three spaces in the time I was inside.
________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, December 7, I was chagrined as I started into the Backroads Casey's. I'd parked T-Hoe, and was gathering up my casher-inners and phone before disembarking from T-Hoe. Some ill-mannered dude in a white business van (to distinguish it from a run-of-the-mill white raper van) whipped in beside me. Too close to get T-Hoe's door open all the way. WHO DOES THAT? 
 
I had to start T-Hoe, back up, and pull in again to give myself room. Luckily there was nobody parked on my right, so I had plenty of space. Just as Van Dude had on his left when he crowded me. I guess my gravitational pull works even through T-Hoe's heavy metal door.

Anyhoo... on my way to the door, I saw a PENNY! I was meant to be there during a lull in customers, so nobody would be parked over my rightful penny.

 
An old man sat in his sedan, watching my every move. Maybe he was curious about why I had re-parked T-Hoe. Or maybe he was just disappointed that he didn't get ample-rumpused!

 
It was a face-down 2014 penny, awaiting a ride in my shirt pocket. Good thing the Van Dude didn't try to nab it on my watch!
_________________________________________________________________

That's 1 DIME and 1 PENNY this week, for 11 CENTS towards my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Looks like I'm not going to reach last year's Quarter tally, and the Penny total is sketchy. I'm ahead in Dimes and Nickels, though!
_________________________________________________________________
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 126.
Dime         # 25.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
_________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. WOW, that's $9.50!!(I think) If you invested it in a savings account instead of a goblet you would have almost $9.52 in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take my chances with it on the kitchen counter in my NEW GOBLET! Picture coming tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Why do those jerks park right against the door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's ALL ABOUT THEM! When it should be all about US!

      I will park farther away if it means I will have nobody able to park next to my door. I thought I was safe this time, with at least 4 spaces open closer to the door.

      This van guy had room for two cars on his left. I guess I really DO have a gravitational pull, to have him get so close to me.

      Delete
  3. Van Man had the same idea as you, lots of getting out space. He may have assumed you were on the way out having already shopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will concede that he might have ASSumed I had already shopped. But he had at least two car spaces empty on his left. No need to get within two feet of my door.

      It's like, if you went and sat in an empty high school gym to watch a basketball game, the only other spectator would choose to sit in the seat right next to you!

      If I was a vindictive person, I might have backed up, and parked T-Hoe on the other side of his van, so he couldn't get his door open when he came back!

      Delete