Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ramekin Is the New Goblet

Hick has been promising me a new goblet to store my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune for 2020. He's been promising all year. Mainly when I ask him, 
 
"Hey, where's that new penny goblet you said you were getting me?"

"Oh. It's over in the BARn. I keep forgetting to bring it to you."

Let the record show that this is DECEMBER! Hick has missed the whole year! My Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, 2020 Collection, is currently piled upon itself in a plastic container that used to hold marinara sauce for Little Caesar. Near to overflowing, too!

After another round of scathing inquiry, I ascended from my lair in the early morning hours of December 5, and found my new penny goblet on the kitchen counter.


It's not so much a GOBLET as a RAMEKIN. It's not so much a ramekin as 3 ramekins! Nesting, heavy glass. With crumbly stuff inside that I hope is not related to mice. The Solo cup is there to show the scale.
 

I call shenanigans! Hick has had A YEAR to find me a penny goblet! He's at auctions three (or more) nights a week. AND he hangs out with people who are selling eclectic wares out of storage units. I'm pretty sure there's a better GOBLET out there for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
 
After my conniption, Hick said, "Oh. I thought they were the same." I'm not sure he saw the difference, even when forced to look at THESE, beside THOSE.

Right now my gobekins are cooling their freshly-washed holes on the counter, all snug and nested, near the Fortune. I have been dragging my heels on the transfer. It's DECEMBER, by cracky! I've waited this long. Should I hold out for an actual GOBLET by the end of the year?

14 comments:

  1. If Hick had an ounce of common sense, he would present you with a classy goblet, something like Waterford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's the problem, in your first 8 words! I don't need anything fancy like Waterford. It's not like I'm going on the road to give concerts rubbing the rims of crystal goblets!

      Delete
  2. I think Hick should do the right thing and get off his butt and aggressively search for an appropriate goblet that is worthy of the collection of pennies captured during the trials and tribulations of 2020. It should be even more impressive than the previous goblets. FYI Hick - ramekins, tiny bowls, whatever you want to call them - ARE NOT GOBLETS!! Do you think he heard me? Good luck - 21 days and counting....Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that even if Hick heard you, he chose not to listen. Not giving it away yet, but there HAS been a development in this case of goblets.

      Delete
  3. Well now you need to get to work looking for gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking! Gold, silver, those round foil tops peeled off the 5-Hour Energy bottles...

      Delete
  4. I vote for an actual goblet. I have a set of those ramekins...no way do they work as a goblet.
    Enjoying reading thru your blogs and the comments while drinking my Diet Coke from the Maverick gas station store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick would probably drink fine wine out of a ramekin. It's good to know that my blog pairs well with Diet Coke! Especially from a gas station!

      Delete
  5. How about one of those heavy glass five gallon water jugs that I used to have to lug when we lived in Mexico. Trust me, the plastic version was a vast improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute! I was pretty sure that HICK was the only one trying to kill me! I don't need my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune kept in a vessel that I can't transport.

      Delete
  6. He thought they were the same??? What is wrong with him??!! it's okay, don't get started. I say hold out for a proper goblet and use those little dishes for dipping sauces and measuring spices etc when following a recipe, like those fancy cooks do on TV, they have everything laid out in little dishes just like that. Of course they probably don't have to wash all those little dishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew the answer to your second question, things would be a lot different around here. Those little dishes are HEAVY! I could imagine using them to set out olives or pickles on the table, but not for everyday measuring.

      Delete
  7. What can I say? It is almost like we are married to the same man. I have told HeWho more than once that he is the master of making me feel like an afterthought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might belong to a secret society that gives them tips on this behavior!

      Delete