Sunday, December 9, 2018

Top On, Top Off, THE TOPPER!

Sorry. For anyone stopping in to see if Val has her top off...SHAME ON YOU! The Truth in Blogging Law requires me to inform you that this tale has nothing to do with ladies' women's tops falling off, accidentally, or on purpose. I was merely making a play on an old commercial jingle with my title. I'm pretty sure you'll know the one...

What we're actually here to discuss today is the topper that Hick put on our Christmas tree this year. I was right there when it happened, having thumbed myself all the way back in my OPC (Old People Chair), with the heat AND massager on for my achin' back. Hick does no job without seeking admiration, and stepped over to the tree he'd decorated an hour previous, and said, "How do you like the tree topper?"

"Oh. That looks like a new lady. Not our old angel..."

"That's because it's not a lady. It's a dog."

"Oh. Um. Well. I don't have my glasses on right now."

"Yeah. I got it out of my storage units. Them people had all kinds of dog stuff!"

"Well. I'm kind of surprised. But it's fine."

Yes, people. Val's Christmas tree topper is a DOG! It's not like I run a doggy daycare. Or a kennel. Or like I'm a dog breeder, a dog groomer, a dog walker, a doggy psychic, a dog whisperer, or a card-carrying member of the Westminster Kennel Club. Sure. I have two dogs. I love them. But I don't want them on top of my Christmas tree.


Good thing our basement is only partially finished. A ceiling would prohibit Hick from displaying his canine Christmas angel.


The unfortunate fact that it looks like the neighbors' chicken-killing Crazy Rottweiler does it no favors in gaining my acceptance.

12 comments:

  1. And it has an angel's robe and a halo! I suspect someone (Hick) has been doing a bit of tampering with the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one thing (probably the ONLY thing) I won't try to blame on Hick, because I took the picture.

      Delete
  2. I have an angel/duck as my tree topper, but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be surprised if you DIDN'T have a ducky for a tree topper!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree that it's creative. I never could have thought of it. My love just isn't there, though.

      Delete
  4. When you mentioned the topper was a dog in a previous post, all I could see then was the dress, so I thought maybe it was a really ugly angel, but now I see it really is a dog. Huh. It's certainly different. I usually have a star on my tree, which hasn't been put up for several years now, about 5 I think. I also have another topper, what they call a European style I think, but I've never had an angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh, thinking I referred to an ugly angel as a dog! I think we used to have a smaller angel, and it always bothered me that we were, essentially, sticking the top of the tree up her robe. We might have had a star before that, but it hit the ceiling.

      Delete
  5. Could Hick have been blinded by puppy love? I'm not sure I'd want that mutt staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hick was just showing off his storage unit wares. Any breed other than a Rottweiler would be okay, since the neighbor's dog has turned me off to them.

      Delete
  6. I had one but lost it in a move somewhere.
    If you ever want to part with it, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree is STILL UP, and my doggie topper is growing on me.

      Delete