Sunday, December 2, 2018

Oh, What Fun It is to Sell a One-Hick Rolling Sleigh

Hick was quite proud of his Goodwill find on Thursday. It's a little sleigh on wheels.

He brought it home to pose in front his BARn. Which is fast becoming his Darn Fulla Junk BARn. I don't even know what that crap is outside. I swear, it looks like he has a BOAT, and a shepherd's crook. The cart looks like it belongs at Save A Lot. I'm hoping it was in one of his original storage units, and the he didn't pay actual money for it, knowing what it was. On the other side, I think I see the torso and legs of a TIN MAN, and some cast-iron skillets painted bright colors.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! I swear, Hick needs to have an Everything Must Go Sale.


Anyhoo...I don't know if he was fixing up the sleigh, or just unloading MORE JUNK. By afternoon, he said he was taking the sleigh to his Storage Unit Store.

Hick paid $12 for the sleigh. On Friday, he sold it to a lady for $30. There wasn't much business at the Storage Unit Store, but she had seen it on Hick's Buy/Sell/Trade listing, and made him promise to wait until she got off work and drove there from Bill-Paying Town.

I asked if he was sure she'd show up. Because Hick went back up there at 4:30 to meet her.

"I'm pretty sure. She gave me a description of her car, what time she was leaving work, and what time she'd be there. If she doesn't come get it, that's okay. I have three other people who want it." He said the lady was very happy to have the sleigh. That she does a lot of craft work, and knew just what she wanted to make out of that sleigh.

Huh. Maybe he could have told them they were in a bidding war, and made a better profit. Hick was happy with his $18, though. He sold something else, for a total of $105 on the day. Not too shabby for November 30, cold and windy, with no cars in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure that Buy/Sell/Trade will get him through the winter.

8 comments:

  1. A sled on wheels, what could go wrong? Maybe the lady is going to turn it into a planter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could imaging somebody pulling a toddler in that sleigh, but it seems more suited for for a planter. Or I could imagine a Christmas theme with fake packages.

      Delete
  2. An interesting item, but a little large for me. I'd buy something like that if it was about half the size and make something for the garden out of it, maybe a Christmas themed mobile planter for mini holly bushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would turn out well, because you are very crafty!

      Delete
  3. Well isn't that a clever sled design! Hick and his bargains. My dad was a junker who resold some good stuff. Made my mom crazy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be fine if Hick would clean up the junk that's visible from the road, and get rid of all that original 18 storage shed stuff that's clogging up the new Freight Container Garage he had to have.

      Delete
  4. Is it big enough for an adult to ride in?

    ReplyDelete