Friday, April 27, 2018

Hick's Little Ducky

Let the record show that along with his penchant for picking up knives at auctions and flea markets...Hick collects ducks. Not real ducks. Not rubber ducks. Just things like decoys and knickknacks and duck-related oddities. I know this comes as a shock to you, that Hick is a collector of ducks. What with all signs pointing to him being a collector of just about every single thing on earth.

He came home from one of his various auctions the other night with a special treasure.


It's about 2 inches long. Kind of heavy for its size. A brass duck key ring with a working blade. I guess you could call it a pocket duck knife. I must admit, I held it and opened it up and pronounced, "That's really cool."

Hick says he bought it with a bunch of keychains. I asked him what they looked like, and he said, "I don't know." Which seemed kind of fishy to me. Hick said he'd already taken them up to his Storage Unit Store, but that he'd send me a picture later.


Yeah. Now I know why Hick didn't remember any of the other keychains. They're a bunch of junk! I guess he might get a dollar out of them. Or give them away with other purchases. Nothing there that I'd want. In fact, I'd say, "No thanks. I'm not hauling your junk away for you," if somebody offered ME one of those keychains for free.

Anyhoo...Hick says he paid $5.50 for the whole lot of them. He saw the pocket duck knife in there, and that's all he wanted. But as with many things at the auction, he had to take the rest of the junk to get that one item.

Heh, heh! I just Googled it, and found one that sold for $5.50. I guess Hick knows his antiques! Although his looks like it's in better shape. Then again, I found one just like it that somebody had turned into a necklace by putting a chain through the key ring, asking $70.80 for it.

I think I'll print that out and show Hick! He might think he got a treasure!
______________________________________________________________________

Blog buddy Fishducky might appreciate this little gewgaw!
______________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. I agree, fishducky would love that little pocket knife. I love it too. I haven't owned a pocket knife in a very long time. They're a handy item to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a solid little knife, and in good shape. I think Hick was justified in buying all that junk just to get it.

      Delete
  2. Ooo-ooh, a duck knife for only $5.50!! Be still, my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love it! As a duck aficionado, and a person I assume appreciates a good buy and a decent blade.

      Delete
  3. That is just ducky! Handy as a key ring, or a weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a bit of a duck fan, that key chain looks cool, worth at east 47.50. I used to have a duck phone, it quacked not rang, and you picked it up by the head and spoke into it's ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure the cast of Jersey Shore had a duck phone in their Seaside Heights crib! Is there something you're not telling us? Are you like that forgotten Beatle?

      Delete