Sunday, September 11, 2022

Technically, It's Still Summer

I suppose Labor Day signifies the end of summer. Don't worry, I'm not planning on wearing white. I'm just wondering how much more retailers can rush the seasons.
 
Country Mart has had Halloween candy on display by the registers for about a month now. And on FRIDAY, they had a Halloween display set up outside! I didn't take a picture then, because the sky was overcast. But Saturday, I snapped it:
 
 
I couldn't get a better one, because I don't park in the handicap spaces. No need to here, since the parking lot is level, and there are spaces with those striped walkways that allow T-Hoe's door to open unmolested, even if a close-parker crosses the line.
 
 
Those are some shapely pumpkins. They are advertised as jack-o-lanters. I suspect some are not pumpkins at all, but gourds. The wildly colored ones. I believe the prices are $8 for both the pumpkins and the hay bales. I have no idea if that's a bargain. Probably not. It's most likely highway robbery, considering the food prices inside!

Anyhoo... I gotta admit, the slant of the sun DOES make it seem like fall already.

2 comments:

  1. All pumpkins are gourds, but not all gourds are pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that. My knowledge of plants rivals my knowledge of geography!

      Delete