Friday, September 9, 2022

A Solvable Mystery, Or Hick's Revenge?

Thursday afternoon, I found a mysterious text on my phone. I was gathering my purse and winning scratchers for my trip to town, having just showered and made myself presentable for human viewing. I always check my phone before I leave, in case The Pony or Hick might need something dropped off for them in town.

"888-888-8888"
"That's the number at the beauty shop."

WELL! That's a fine how-do-you-do from the man I called a KNOCKOUT only a few days ago! How dare Hick send me the number of a beauty shop! Might as well just come right out and call me a dog! I've never been to a beauty shop in my life. Why would I want to start NOW? Hick had some 'splainin' to do. Of course I called him. Funny how Hick answered the phone first ring.

"Where are you?"

"At Walmart getting my oil changed. And dog food."

"There's a bunch of sirens here in town. Neither the fire rescue truck or county sheriff is headed your way. So I guess you're all right. For now... WHY DID YOU SEND ME THE PHONE NUMBER OF A BEAUTY SHOP???"

"Because I didn't have no paper with me, and I wanted a way to remember the number. So now I have it on my phone where I texted you."

"YOU wanted a beauty shop?"

"It's that house. Your mom's old beauty shop."

Oh. Never mind. Not calling me a dog to get back at me for saying he was a KNOCKOUT.

We have been casually looking at properties for a possible flip house. Nothing formal. Just driving around, making note of any with a FOR SALE sign. Perusing the structure's exterior, then looking for it online to see if there's a price. We are still in the very early stages of this possible investment venture with The Pony.

Anyhoo... I'd taken a shortcut last week, and saw Mom's old beauty shop with a sign in the yard. Turns out it's a package deal, with a house behind it, facing the side street. Hick is contemplating an actual storefront now that flea-marketing has been banned at the Storage Units effective October 30. He wants to find out if this beauty shop building is still zoned commercial.

This would be a complicated investment, with Hick being responsible for the business portion, out of his own deep Storage Unit Store pockets. It would be easier if he was just calling me a dog.

4 comments:

  1. A storefront could come in handy though, he just needs to ensure enough parking space and probably a business licence.
    Let us know how things turn out, don't leave us hanging in the wind here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Hick would have a crowd. It's on a corner, with street parking in front and on the side. He has a business license he just renewed in July for Backroads, but this building is over in School-Turn Town. He has to pay $125 to have the Chamber of Commerce review his request, but he can't do that until he OWNS the property. So it might be slow going for a while. And a review doesn't mean it will be approved.

      The current owner finally answered Hick's calls. He said he is in the process of cleaning the house, and will call Hick when he's ready to give him a walk-thru. Specifically, he said, "Don't call ME. I'LL call YOU!"

      Delete
  2. I am anticipating emptying the tiny shed that was going to be mine until we purchased the SheShed. I will be turning it into a stined glass making shed for HeWho needs a hobby. It is already wired for electric and just big enough to hold the supplies and a work area for him. He can have a TV and air, too. I will make it very comfy. I need some alone time!!

    ReplyDelete