Sunday, February 20, 2022

Furnishing Pony House

I'm still not back to my lair, to show you progress on Pony House. But I DO have a picture of a bargain Hick found on furniture.

The financial responsibility for furnishing Pony House falls on The Pony. We have some furniture he can use. My old kitchen table and chairs, a bed frame and dresser and chest that were my mom's, that Genius used for two years and gave back. But The Pony will still have to get a couch, chairs, water heater, washer and dryer, and mattress and box springs. He has money, but who wants to pay full price when Hick can get you a bargain?

One of Hick's buddies from the Storage Unit Store has his own unit, and has two identical chairs for sale. Hick sent The Pony a picture to see if he liked them.

 
The Pony likes the pattern and the style. He okayed the purchase of $35 per chair. Hick did a little bargaining, and got both chairs for a total of $60.

I really like that little table on the left. I'm going to tell Hick to ask the price. Hick says he has end tables over in his Freight Container Garage. But this one looks promising.

16 comments:

  1. Step by step Pony will be spending the night in the Pony House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And step by step, Pony will start paying us a monthly house payment!

      Delete
  2. Very nice chairs and what a bargain! I like that table too, but it looks more like a chest of drawers. Small size, so suitable for use as a table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's meant to be a side table. Too much bending for a chest of drawers, though it does seem to have working drawers.

      Delete
  3. Or do you mean the round dining table behind that? Which is also nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice the dining table, but The Pony already has that covered with my old one. Hick says he thought about asking the price of the little table, but didn't, because he hadn't talked to The Pony.

      Delete
  4. It is good he is going for inexpensive furniture. How does the chair sit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick says it sits good. He took both of them over to Pony House. If The Pony has a route in the area, he might stop by on his break to try them out.

      Delete
  5. WOw I would take those chairs, they are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely chair to read in while sitting by the fire. Uh, he does have a fireplace, doesn't he? 😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Too bad. The Pony had plenty of firewood for it.

      Delete
  7. Good find! We went out to a thrift store yesterday. It was disappointing. I did find a $3 lampshade, but I was looking for small scale furnishings with storage. I love the chairs, but they would take up too much space in here. I need a very small sectional for my 10 X 10' living area. Very small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could use that little table in the picture as a "bench" to sit on. It looks like it has plenty of drawers!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you could whip up a cushion for the top. Even though you got rid of a lot of your materials, surely HeWho wouldn't miss a couple of shirts...

      Delete