Saturday, March 21, 2020

OOOOOklahoma, Where the PENny Comes Flushing in the Rain

Only a single solitary cent was found this week! Better than nothing. And in an odd place. We were on the way to Oklahoma on Monday, fighting rain the whole way. I think Hick is trying to conserve the rubber on A-Cad's windshield wipers. I could hardly see the road to criticize his sweaving!

Anyhoo...we stopped at the rest area just before we hit Springfield. Hick walked in ahead of me. He's faster, and had to go worse. I hobbled along, and noticed it right away!


A penny! Meant just for me! Laying in the state of Oklahoma on the big floor map.


It was a heads-up 1992. Hick had carelessly walked right over it. Said he didn't even see it. I'm lucky he didn't kick it under the vending machine!

Sadly, this penny did not bring me luck in Oklahoma.
__________________________________________________________________

2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 23.
Dime        still at 6.
Nickle      still at 3.
Quarter  0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. Oklahoma, my place of birth! My folks left before I was 1, they wanted better cocktails. If the penny was a 1946 I would say it was mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the penny was a 1946, it was meant for you, and I, being the conduit to facilitate such a find, would have mailed it to you! Without even expecting a dirty-water cocktail in return.

      Delete
  2. We drove across the arm of Oklahoma 40+ years ago. Should make a trip back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the arm. We usually end up in the gut, in Norman, to visit The Pony at OU. Didn't go that far this time.

      Delete
  3. I had to get out my atlas to find out Oklahoma is so close to you, just a little southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doubling your odds by searching in another state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of mad at Hick, because he found TWO pennies, actually IN Oklahoma, while I found NONE! And he didn't even tell me until days later.

      Delete
  5. I am faster than hubs and I beat him every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impressive! When I come out, I usually find Hick at the vending machine, sneaking a clandestine candy bar.

      Delete