Sunday, March 15, 2020

I'm Pretty Sure There's a Special Place in Not-Heaven Reserved for This Guy, But if Not, He'll Find a Place Anyway

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

As I drove through the light (GREEN) on Friday, I was happy to see that my favorite parking space was empty at Orb K. As well as most of them on that side of the door. That left me feeling jolly, almost humming a tune, as I entered the lot and proceeded to my space.

REEEEE! That's not the sound of T-Hoe's brakes. That's the sound of my best-laid plans gone awry. My parking space, and those beside it, would have been empty. Except for all six of them being blocked by a red pickup truck hitched to a trailer.

I was beside myself with outrage! I drove around to the end of the store, and parked in the last spot. I do this when my rightful space near the door is taken. It gives me extra opportunity to find pennies! The summer months are quite rewarding. But this day was cold and sprinkly. I did NOT want to park in the last spot. I wanted my space next to the painted handicap walkway, where I can open T-Hoe's gigantic door completely, without risk of a car parking too close.

The passenger walked out, carrying a six-pack of beer. My hand-me-down Genius phone wouldn't open the camera app fast enough to commemorate his walk of blame. This is after I had time to zoom in, and record as evidence one leg of the driver. Little did I know, until back home on the big monitor of New Delly, that my first picture contained a surprise guest.

Look at that! I captured the driver (not literally, I'm pretty sure that even in Missouri, there are laws prohibiting such behavior) on his way out. He SAW me, too! If you can zoom in, he's looking right at me. Don't worry about Val! She left T-Hoe running, in case a quick getaway was necessary.

As they pulled away, I backed up and drove around to claim my regular parking space. Lest you doubt me about how many spaces that hog devoured, take a gander at THIS:


As you can see, there is plenty of room along the edge of the parking lot, for buses or semis or campers or trucks pulling trailers. Not where that car is driving. That's way over on the highway exit ramp. Both these guys were younger than me, walking on two good legs apiece, without limps, and should have been capable of walking such a distance. Let the record show that normally, these spaces next to me are full. In fact, two cars parked there before I came back out.

I guess these entitled, beer-swilling, trailer-truckers thought they could get away with such heinous behavior. Okay. They kind of did. Must have been from out of state, because I saw no rear license plate on the truck.

Or maybe that's a law they didn't feel like complying with...
________________________________________________________________

Little-known or cared-about fact: that line of red doors in the upper right corner of the picture are part of the storage facility where Hick has his Storage Unit Store. Although his is on the other side of the compound, parallel to these.
________________________________________________________________

11 comments:

  1. People! He probably has the virus too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! And if I'd been at the door the same time as he was, he would probably have pushed it shut so I couldn't get in without maximum effort!

      I hope they didn't kill anything besides the virus with their rolling six-pack.

      Delete
  2. He could have least left some pennies behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ain't a-woofin'! And maybe he could have farted a rainbow while he was at it.

      Delete
  3. He probably thought since no one was parked there and he was only going to be long enough to buy the beer, he'd go ahead and take up all that space. He had no way of knowing you were on your way. But still, he should have pulled into the other space, if he'd known about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see. Then I can park in the handicapped space, or just in the main driveway right in front of the door, because I have no way of knowing if any other customers might come along. After all, I'm only going in to buy scratchers, and pick up pennies!

      Delete
  4. No license required if the truck is so many tons. But the driver was inconsiderate, or dumb. You deserve to find a quarter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't weigh it to see if it was 12,000 pounds. I think I was pushing my luck stealing the picture.

      No quarter, but I found a penny yesterday!

      Delete
  5. Ab-so-lute-ly. If they can flout the law, so can you. Just don't get caught. and if they grill you, you don't know me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I will not name you as my "IL-legal" advisor.

      Delete