Monday, December 16, 2019

The Shell BARn

You know that expression, "Pretty as a picture?" This is NOT an example of it.

Hick is out of control. The other day, he obtained (by hook, I'm pretty sure, rather than by crook) a sign from a Shell gas station. Everybody needs one, right? If you could only get your hands on one, you'd be gloating about it, too, and posting not-so-pretty pictures of it on the innernets, right?

Are you ready for this?


One of Hick's buddies came to help him mount his Shell sign on the front of the BARn. Never mind that the view of his BARn is almost blocked by more of his hoard. There's the New Holland tractor, now with a battery. And on the right margin of the photo, the roller Hick made out of pipe and concrete. Sadly, too late to fix Hick and Buddy's Badly Blacktopped Hill.

There's his burn barrel. And the load of gravel that he simply HAD TO HAVE right then, several months ago, when he got the power washer to stain the porch boards. The ladder was only put there to install the Shell sign. I think that's a boat laying in front. I can't keep up with all of his clutter. I reminisce about the days when it was just a BARn, and a field in front. The grass is dead now due to winter, but it doesn't help that Hick has been driving on it in that area.

Hick sent me a text about his Shell sign:

"Looked up my shell sign on ebay 4-500 for them"

Well. Without my glasses, I thought he meant it was worth $4500! I was going to commend him on his deal. Then I asked about it, and he said four to five HUNDRED dollars. Hick says he got it for $50. A good enough deal, I guess.

If you have a Shell station.

16 comments:

  1. Well it will be easy to find your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I hope nobody pulls in with their gas tank on EMPTY!

      Delete
  2. What will happen next? Can't help love a Shell sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scuttlebutt says that Hick has already purchased two ORB K signs (the actual store, not my name for it), and is planning to put them up on his Freight Container Garage.

      I don't see the appeal...

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking he should hang a VAL sign or a penny finder sign. Something of importance. But all in all, I'd say he did get a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he doesn't find a giant wooden cutout of a woman's butt bent over in her garden, and use it to represent HOME OF VAL'S AMPLE RUMPUS!

      Delete
  4. I tripped over some giant parking lot lights HeWho bought when the Shell station here underwent a renovation. They were right inside the door of one of his many "sheds" that I was going in to get some Christmas stuff. They have been laying there for nearly 9 years ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...you've been in the dark concerning this "bargain" for nearly 9 years.

      Delete
    2. In the dark is where I usually am when it comes to trying to figure out what he was thinking.

      Delete
    3. I am familiar with that darkness.

      Delete
  5. Definitely a good deal and it does look great on the shed. If it makes him happy to have it there, I'm fine with that, but you'll have to make up your own mind. It was only $50, he didn't re-mortgage the house for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money's not an issue, since he spent his own. The colors go well. I just don't understand why our BARn needs to be advertising a gas station! I think it adds to the junky appearance. Of course, it's not like I'm having the queen over for tea...

      Delete
  6. Once he gets those ORB-K signs up people will be flocking to the place. Maybe he should relocate his storage stuff to the plantation so he won't have to drive so far to do business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that five mile trip is cutting into his dollar profits! He has enough merchandise here to rival Walmart. He might as well pay ME rent for a business front as the guy up at the storage lockers.

      Delete
  7. The Pickers would say that's a lot of meat on the bone. Now if he can find a Flying Horse he'd really have something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess those flying horses are more "mobil" than Shell and Orb K signs. I don't recall Hick saying he has any of that brand. The next deal could be right around the corner, though!

      Delete