Tuesday, May 2, 2023

A New Portal, Gateway, Hotbed or Hangout

The unexplained noises that have plagued me, from the area between the boys' bedrooms, seem to have stopped. It has been months since I've heard anything "fall" in the boys' bathroom. Even longer since I've heard footsteps. Hick spent a couple week sleeping in The Pony's bed when his hips were hurting after his back surgery, but the noises had stopped months before then. So he can't take credit as a spirit-warder-offer.

That said, there has been a new flurry of activity concentrated in the master bedroom! It's only been going on for about a month. Weird things have happened there before, but it was years ago. Now I hear thumps in there after Hick has left for town. When I lie down for my morning sleep, I've heard Hick come in the kitchen door. Yet he isn't home. I've also heard/sensed him walk through the bedroom and into the master bathroom. Even though he wasn't here. When Hick was sleeping in The Pony's room, I would also hear thumps in the empty master bedroom while I was sitting on the couch in the wee hours, watching TV.

I've tried to think of anything that might have stirred up activity. All I can think of is the death of my Sweet, Sweet Juno on the last weekend in March. I miss her terribly, even though she was not in the best of health for her last couple months. She was 11 years old. So we knew it was coming. Still, perhaps my grief has brought about some other-worldly energy.

Pet spirits are not something I have ever considered. I've never felt like I had an animal presence around me. But that is the end of the house where Hick found Juno, in one of the two dog houses on that end of the porch, on the other side of our bedroom wall. It's where I hear the thumps. Juno had forsaken her regular house for her last few weeks, and was staying in these newer, plastic houses rather than her wooden house with the shingled roof.

Sure, it could be my little Jack. But he doesn't sleep in those dog houses, preferring the front porch, where he makes plenty of thumps chewing on assorted porch ornaments displayed by Hick. Or under the Gator in a gravel depression he's dug out. A couple times, Hick found him coming out of Juno's old house by the kitchen door.

Not sure what's going on, but I'd like the bumps and thumps to stop again!

4 comments:

  1. The spirits do seem to like your place but I hope they move on soon. Like today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard it again today! Maybe they are packing to move on...

      Delete
  2. I still think I see Martha out of the corner of my eye when I am outside. We carefully avoid the ravine and the stream, but I think I see him coming out of the woods on our property. Sometimes when I wake I think Cujo is next to me, but it is Bo or Eddie and occasionally Toni. She has been strangely affectionate towards me lately. Maybe Juno is trying to tell you she misses you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Google photos recap today showed me a picture of Juno with Jack. I miss her a lot, but haven't had a feeling of her being around. When I hear a thump outside the kitchen door, I think of her in her house. I'm sure it's just Jack walking around. It's different from the bedroom area thumps.

      Treat Toni Louise as my Juno surrogate. Give her a pat on the head and tell her she's a good dog.

      Delete