Monday, May 22, 2023

Handicapped in a Different Way

What in the Not-Heaven is wrong with people???

I stopped by the Gas Station Chicken Store on Sunday afternoon, and was unable to put T-Hoe in my favorite parking space. Not that I'm entitled. It's not exactly reserved for me. But most often it's available for my parking pleasure during the 5 minutes or so that I spend inside buying my scratcher winners and losers.

Good thing that smart-alecky guy wasn't there, to chastise me for parking in the space by the FREE AIR hose! It's only a few steps farther, but I do hate to make it harder for people to get air. My main complaint with the taking of my preferred parking space is the method used by the parker. 


I suppose those white lines demarcating the parking space are to be regarded as mere suggestions! I can't criticize The Parker for using the handicap space without having a handicap plate or placard, because I DO park there myself without such accoutrements. However, at least I park within the lines!

Inside, that man was standing off to the left of the register. At the time, I didn't know he was The Parker. He was a stocky man, perhaps mid-30s, affable enough, buying a fountain soda. I motioned him ahead, since he were there before me. Yet he demurred.

"That's okay. Go ahead. I need some directions to Highway Numberty-Number."

Well. That seemed really odd. Because if you look at the photo, through the overhang of the roof, you can see a stoplight at the intersection where the signs clearly state that it is the junction of Lettered Highway and Highway Numberty-Number! While sitting at the light, you can literally SEE the overpass and entrance ramps! 

Anyhoo... I only realized that guy was The Parker when I had climbed back into T-Hoe, and was marking my scratchers so I could remember where they came from. Here came The Parker, getting into his car. I waited for him to move out of my way, not trusting him to not back into me if I drove behind him. If his parking ain't that good, you never know about his driving! Oh, and I didn't back up, because somebody needing the FREE AIR hose had pulled across behind me to reach the hose. 

I hope The Parker obeyed the road stripes better than the parking stripes!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He didn't just affect me. Behind his car, you can see the corner of the concrete where the diesel pumps are located. If somebody was at those pumps, this entrance/exit to the lot would be blocked by that ignoramus sticking out.

      Delete
  2. I noticed he was blacking access to that pump entrance/exit too. He must have been in such a great hurry for the soda and directions. He's lucky a huge truck didn't come rumbling through and shove his car out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I love the thought of a truck pushing him out of the way! There are usually dump trucks getting diesel, and sometimes fire trucks. Both capable of a good pushing.

      Delete