Saturday, May 13, 2023

Better Late With SILVER

Late, but not forgotten. That's the tale of this week's coin quest. There was nothing. No hope on the horizon. It was almost as if ANOTHER penny-seeker was getting to town ahead of me! Someone who dared to sleep at night, arise before noon, and hit the pavement during early business hours.

THURSDAY, May 11, I finally spied my first coin. It was a penny at the un-used register of the Sis-Town Casey's. I was in line at the working register, and dared not leave it to claim that penny. But wait! What was that in front of me?


No, not a lady in tropical shorts, already sporting a tan, with questionable choice in nail polish. Nor the BOGO sign for likely expiring items on the counter. Nope. It was the DIME under the red bag of Gummi Unicorns! I'm tellin' ya, nobody's got an eye for silver like Val Thevictorian, Future Pennyillionaire!


It looks like a nickel in that photo, but I guarantee it was a dime. Face down, a 2013. Also, those Gummi Unicorns don't look too appetizing. Is it just me, or does it look like a pile of limp unicorn carcasses? Not a good advertising strategy!
________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 10 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           still at 46.
Dime             # 9.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 1

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. It takes special skills to spot cons like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My vision is not that great, but I am extremely motivated!

      Delete
  2. You are the Queen of Coin Hunts. Now I don' t know if I should mail my own coins to joint the pennies in your hoard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Don't send me pennies! I am not worthy of a cent unless I find it myself.

      Delete
  3. You still got it Val! Ha! I have never tried and will probably never try gummies of any kind:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like gummi worms with the sour sugar coating. The Pony likes Haribo Gummi Bears, but I hate their commercials with the adults talking in kid voices.

      Delete
  4. Nice shorts fabric. I couldn't see the coin in the first photo so thanks for the second one. I can't eat gummi anything, they rip out my fillings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a similar pattern on the soles of her shoes. At least she was coordinated. I like the sugar-coated gummis for the same reason.

      Delete
  5. On our trip, we stopped at a Casey's in Missouri and I found a nickle on the floor! I bent to snatch it up, only to have my mate ask what was wrong with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What has this world come to, when picking up a fallen coin is looked upon with derision???

      Delete