Wednesday, May 3, 2023

We Now Join Our Regular Do-Gooder In Progress

Hick got home from the auction around 9:00 on Tuesday night. He was empty-handed.

"Did you buy anything?" 

"Yeah, I bought five little tackle boxes for $9.50 apiece. I'll sell them for $12-$15 each."

"Is there something in them?"

"Yeah. They have hooks, a stringer, some bobbers, and a couple spinner-baits. I also bought two trials."

"Trials? What in the Not-Heaven for?"

"Trials. To put on drywall mud at the flip house."

"Oh, you mean TROWELS."

"Yeah. Trials."

"Whatever..."

"I paid $2 for the table drawing, and I won. I could have taken a $100 impact wrench, but I changed my mind and got a bubble gun."

"Why would you do that? Would you sell the impact wrench?"

"No. I would have kept it around here in case I needed one. But the lady sitting by me had been talking during the auction. She said, 'If I win the table drawing, I'm getting that bubble gun for my little boy.' He was about 5 or 6. They sold some of the bubble guns for $20. They look like a cannon. Like a speed gun thing. They make big bubbles. So I got it for my prize and gave it to the lady. She made the boy come over and thank me. He was grinning from ear to ear."

Do-Gooders gonna do good. As long as they're not taking a big loss on their merchandise.

10 comments:

  1. Aww, that was so nice of Hick to give the little boy that bubble gun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it made that kid happier than an impact wrench could have made Hick!

      Delete
  2. Santa in civilian clothing. What a sweetie. Hard to believe he's the same guy who causes so much trouble at home. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose Hick is Even-Stevening himself. Like those Sour Patch Kids commercials... first he's sour, then he's sweet.

      Delete
  3. Dang it, Hick! You made me tear up at work. Val, I hope you remember the bubble gun next time he gets on your nerves. You've got a keeper there. (And he's got it pretty good as well)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick needs to stock up on bubble guns for future nerve-jangling incidents!

      Delete
  4. Aww, what a sweet thing to do :) I'm smiling so wide right now. Thank him from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give Hick the message. He has spread more joy than he imagined by spurning that impact wrench!

      Delete
  5. He does things like tis to keep you on your toes! A sucker for little kids is always good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare Hick do good things just to spite me! He had nothing as a child, so I think that has a lot to do with him trying to make kids happy with a good deed here and there.

      Delete