Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Latest HaPENNYings in Future Pennyillionaireville

Not a bad week here in Future Pennyillionaireville. The pennies were plentiful.

SUNDAY, May 14, I spied a treasure on my way out of Orb K.


I had to politely decline the door-holding of a man headed inside, so I could document my cent.


It was a face-down 1971 penny, showing its advanced age. It proved to be good luck, though, because I won $100 on a $3 crossword ticket that I bought just before finding it!

At my next stop, the Liquor Store, I again found a penny on my way out the door:


Good thing the store wasn't busy, and my noggin was saved from a door-knocking as I bent to retrieve my rightful penny.


It was another blast from the past, a face-down 1973 penny.
_______________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, May 18, was also double-lucky for Val's penny quest. Unfortunately, the Sis-Town Casey's was not conducive to picture-taking! But I posed my find on a $3 crossword when I got back to T-Hoe. It did NOT reward me with a win.


This 1978 penny was found heads-up on the floor. Is it just me, or does Old Abe look like he has two faces? Like that optical illusion of the young girl in a feathered hat, or the wrinkly old crone.

The School-Turn Casey's also contributed to my Fortune. 


The guy in front of me must have had eyes in the side of his head. Even though I made no gasp of glee at the sight of that penny, and he couldn't see the face of my phone, he acted paranoid about his feet. I assure you, Val is NOT the person who will be taking foot pictures for later gratification! I hate feet!!!


This was a face-down 2006 penny, all shiny and bright, compared to the three 1970s amigos.
________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 4 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 47, 48, 49, 50.
Dime             still at 9
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 1

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. You're doing good Val. Where are the big spenders who drop the quarters and nickels? People must be hanging more tightly to their big coins:) Dimes seem to be on track compared to last year's findings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about that when I put in my totals. I'm WAY behind on the nickels and quarters, with the year being almost halfway through. Maybe it's because they're bigger, and easier to keep a grip on. Though that would also apply to years past...

      Delete
  2. Funny how you hate the very things that enable you to get around harvesting pennies. Poor Abe needs a nice sudsy bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having no feet would definitely slow down my penny-picking. I kind of appreciate the uniqueness of Dirty Abe. I see an alien head on the left, and Abe's face on the right.

      Delete